Wheres the ecu located......

N

Nik_GTI-R

and how do i find out if its been re-mapped.
Just confirming that my pulsar has had the bits done to it that i was told so doing it bit by bit.Not that i dont trust the seller,but id rather be safe than sorry.

P.S tried searching but no joy.

Trondelond

It's behind the centre console up front, on the floor. :) If you get down on all four with a flashlight, you'll se it as soon as you remove the side panel.

Even took a pic of my OE ecu, so you can compare.

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

Look in your passenger footwell and you'll find it tucked under the centre console.

The only way you can tell if it's been mapped before is to take the cover off and see if it has a different chip int it or a daugher board in it.

If your going to take the ECU out, disconnect your battery first ;-)

N

Nik_GTI-R

Im pretty sure mines hits it at 7.5k.So either my counter is wrong or it has been re-mapped with the limiter raised.I dont like bouncing the limiter as it backfires when i change gear but 1 more time to check it wont do any harm.lol

Cheers guys.

Braveheart

Trondelond said:
It's behind the centre console up front, on the floor. :) If you get down on all four with a flashlight, you'll se it as soon as you remove the side panel.

Even took a pic of my OE ecu, so you can compare.

The RH Picture put a smile on my face.
Nissan must have a sense of humour as 34 is DET Sensor error code fault which most of us will experience and have the pleasure of changing. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

N

Nik_GTI-R

Just went for a road test and it limits at 7.6k.(0.1k over the redline).Lets just say it was pop-tastic changing up.Wonder if it was flaming.lol
So im guessing its been played with.

Cheers.

Trondelond

Nik_GTI-R said:
Just went for a road test and it limits at 7.6k.(0.1k over the redline).Lets just say it was pop-tastic changing up.Wonder if it was flaming.lol
So im guessing its been played with.

Cheers.
I don't know if the rev counter has a percentage of deviation, but when it shows 2500rpm, it is about 200 rpms off according to my FC commander, if i remember correctly.

Trondelond

Braveheart said:
The RH Picture put a smile on my face.
Nissan must have a sense of humour as 34 is DET Sensor error code fault which most of us will experience and have the pleasure of changing. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OT, but my DET sensor is playing up. I'm getting serious knock levels mostly around 2250 rpms, I'm thinking it's hitting a resonating freqency of something else in the engine bay. Is this normal, or is it a "change sensor"-case?