Where do I get a battery box ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Any suggestions for where to get a battery box from to boot mount a new battery for my 'R :?: Don't want the micra one as cranking amps is quite low but the tray won't hold a bigger one.

Cheers peeps :!: :D

J

J-GTi-R

Demon 'slighty expensive' Tweeks or Rally Designs do battery boxes.

J

jaigtir

I got minfr from rally design, got the plastic one though, fibre glass one looked a bit tatty :?

G

GTI-R

Or if you're after a cheap option then go to a Boat suppliers/Ship Chandlers and get one for about £8. I did and it's fine two years later, sturdy as hell but made of plastic - weight saving? :roll: :idea:

G

gotoinstant-redline

GTI-R said:
Or if you're after a cheap option then go to a Boat suppliers/Ship Chandlers and get one for about £8. I did and it's fine two years later, sturdy as hell but made of plastic - weight saving? :roll: :idea:
weight saving... some one call??? :)

i did think of this ages ago when i put my batt inthe boot. but so far its just there with no box.
i havent really got time to sort out a box atm. but i'll stick it on the 'to do' list.

L.

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
More of a case of need a new battery but don't want a crappy micra one :!: Battery needs securing for the MOT - not sure about boxing it in in order to pass :?:

G

gotoinstant-redline

well mine passed with no box..
there is a plastic tray in the boot. i took this out and then drilled some holes in it. put the standard batt mount in it and bolted it together. then screwed it back into the boot. never moved an inch since then.

now that my car is stripped, they might take offence to the fact that it doesnt have a box round it tho.. not sure what the law is on that one.

L.