when to change ecu

M

memski

Depends if you want to use any piggyback fuel controllers or not. If so then you dont really need to change it unless you're rebuilding the engine and in the final stage of tune 8) Dp told me that stock ecu with apexis can be used to tune to 400bhp before ecu needs to be replaced.

LOU ROB

Kirko mate ,next time your in DP,have a look at mine.
And the apexi piggybacks will do for over 400BHP with standard ecu :wink:

LOU ROB

LOU ROB wrote
And the apexi piggybacks will do for over 400BHP with standard ecu
Over confident when i've had a few beers as usuall :oops:
I was told by Dave that the apexi's should be o.k :)
I'm hopeing so,cause I can't splash out for a power f.c at the mo after all the mods i've had :roll:

A

Anonymous

kirko said:
at what point of tune do we need to think about changing the ecu
tbh,having sampled both methods,i'd go for a stand alone ecu as quickly as you can possibly afford it.while you can get good results from the apexi units,for the same spec you'll get far more power/torque with even the most basic of ecu's.

i used to think that the apexi's were the mutt's and couldn't understand why people were continually getting their ecu's remapped every time they changed their spec but,i know better now :wink:

for power/torque production,you just can't beat a half decent mappable ecu.you'll also notice a big difference in smoothness as well.

GINGA

I used to run on piggy back apexi's and though they did the job so to speak the engine always felt alittle rough and not as nice to drive with can't say exactly what it felt like but it just wasn't as nice to drive with :? which I put down to the very slight delay due to the signals going through external devices before getting to the ecu etc :?: with the power fc even on the base map the car runs much smoother in general and find it much more pleasant to drive 8)

A

Anonymous

kirko said:
do you need the fuel and boost controllers with a power fc
you need some kind of boost controller for the fc.you can either buy a seperate boost controller module from apexi or retain whatever boost controller you have fitted at present.

the power fc looks after the fuelling side,so no controller needed.

i`ve got the power fc with an avc-r controlling the boost.

kirko

i have an avcr at the moment so when funds allow i will get a power fc
which is what ive been thinking about for a while just wasnt sure