wheeler dealer style R moveover

Caz

Ok so thinking hyper-thetically. If the wheeler dealer programme boys got hold of a gtir to restore what would you do if you got the chance?

You'd be starting with a standard ish GtiR, rules are returning it to almost standard, replacing worn bits, tidying up etc

My take on it would be HKS mushroom/mongoose would have to be a must have allowed mod, but where would you start. I'm thinking bushes, suspension refresh, full underseal, uncut bumper, replace damaged trim.

Any uprated/refresh options you can make to improve a tired car?

Whats your ideas?

Caz

you getting ideas for when you start on that red 1? lol
That red one would be best suited to wreck rescue rather than wheeler dealers!!!:lol:

I couldnt even be arsed to save it. I'm thinking more along the lines of good clean reasonable condition base car and the required refresh options that don't break the bank?8)

stumo

My take on it would be HKS mushroom/mongoose would have to be a must have allowed mod, but where would you start. I'm thinking bushes, suspension refresh, full underseal, uncut bumper, replace damaged trim.
you couldn't have picked a more piece of shit filter if you tried! (apart from that Apexi thing that is just mesh!!!):doh::der::doh:

You want a big F-off K+N

johnsy

you couldn't have picked a more piece of shit filter if you tried! (apart from that Apexi thing that is just mesh!!!):doh::der::doh:

You want a big F-off K+N

are the apexi filters not very good either??

Caz

You want a big F-off K+N
Subtle! I quite liked all the ones I've had

stumo

chavs down at maccy dee's get a dribble of sex wee when they see that filter....... i don't know how it's called a filter cos all it does is stop rocks entering the engine, it's doesn't do ANY filtering at all!!! :der::der::der:

DJU1988

chavs down at maccy dee's get a dribble of sex wee when they see that filter....... i don't know how it's called a filter cos all it does is stop rocks entering the engine, it's doesn't do ANY filtering at all!!! :der::der::der:
is that the apexi one your talking of?

Fire & skill

Vintage member
My take on it would be HKS mushroom
you haven't done a lot of research have you? :lol:

got to be THE worst component ever made for any modified car, really even peco big bore exhausts are better. HKS make some great stuff but boy they really fucked up big time with their ind kit

Caz

you haven't done a lot of research have you? :lol:

got to be THE worst component ever made for any modified car, really even peco big bore exhausts are better. HKS make some great stuff but boy they really fucked up big time with their ind kit
Funny, as I've said before I've had one on every pulsar i've owned and didnt have a problem. I didnt think so much had changed in the last 4 years that people get such a ribbing for their chosen mods.

Empty Pockets

Nothing wrong with my blitz filter, the blades on my turbo are perfect, same with my mates evo ? Heard people had problems with the hks one but never the blitz sus ?

Empty Pockets

Have a read...

click me
One test by who knows, 10yrs ago, doesn't change my opinion of them. I've seen blade damage on turbo's that have used hks filters so i wouldn't use one personally, untill i see the same with the blitz i will be happy to use it as my first choice, no probs with mine which was fitted before i bought it, i ran 2bar through it on the standard turbo and still nothing un-expected got through to the blades, no filter will stop all dust without sacrificing flow, as you know, and of the 6 or 7 people who i know that use them, not one has had a problem with poor filtration ? Each to there own though i suppose