Wheel Centre bore

Garef

Looking at buying a set of wheels that have a centre bore of 56.0, whats that all about? I know the R has a centre bore of 59.0, but what is the centre bore and is 59.0 the only option for us, or do we have the same option with the offset which we can go from 35-42. Any help, cheers.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ours is 59.1mm, if you want wheels with a smaller bore to fit, you'll have to get them bored out. So it's probably not worth the hassle.

You can fit wheels with a bigger bore, but then it's only the wheel nuts holding the wheel in place as the bore won't be sitting on the hub centre as such. In such cases a spigot ring/hub centric ring should be used.

antgtir

Unfortunately you cant go less than the oe bore. As stated you would have to bore the wheel out to the prescribed bore which id ay isn't advisable and economically viable really.

This reference to the "bore" is when you look at the hub assembly with the wheel off the car, its the circular lip that when the wheel is attached, it sits on as a sort of locator and were the drive shaft pokes through, if that makes any sense.

PCD = 100mm
Offset = 35-45 (as far as i know)
Rim width = 7J (could probably go a little wider if necessary)
Centre Bore = 59.1mm

Ant.

stedee

if they are aftermarket alloys there is usually a shim fitted into the bore to fit that particular car and the real bore is usually bigger than 59.1 and you buy the shims yourself, i`ve seen them on ebay for 15 squid.

Adam L

I got specific sized spigot rings with my Rota wheels, as the stock centre bore isn't available for the GTiR.

Garef

The wheels are OZ superturismos if that helps. They are the older style and came off of a Rover 200, if that provides anyone with anymore insight.

stedee

they will fit then - have a look in the bore on the inside you should be able to see where the shims fit in , take the cap off the other side and tap them out with a hammer and chisel