What's your favourite Pulsar??

gunmetalgtir

Apart from your own, what is your favourite Pulsar??

My favourite has got to be the white one that was at the GTIR shootout featured in Banzai.

White speedlines, carbon bonnet and stripped out. Nice engine spec to go with it as well!! :thumbsup:

snoon

Red one at TOTB6 - mainly cos he is in the 10's!!! Must have a few quid under the bonnet.

Keira

Dooie Pop Pop said:
mine of course:nerner: :nerner: :nerner:

seriously though my favourite R iv actually seen in the flesh is 00sids8)
ageed, simons is my favourite, once it all comes together for him its going to be 8)

Hopefully it all comes right at the weekend.

gunmetalgtir

diesel weasel said:
ageed, simons is my favourite, once it all comes together for him its going to be 8)

Hopefully it all comes right at the weekend.
I think it might be the same one that I'm reffering to?

Was his not one of the ones that was at that shootout back in May 2005?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
snoon said:
Must have a few quid under the bonnet.
Probably less than some. It's quite a modest engine power wise. Not much over 450bhp, that's if it is over and all on a relatively small 3071 turbo.:thumbsup:

Keira

you can get a good idea of the power by the terminal speed ;) tbh, both lous and jasons dp built cars are putting out alot more power than any of the others, they're 10-15mph up on every one elses terminal speed.

from what i know of mo's car the engine spec is just your typical hiteq jobbie,a good strong well built engine. His car is a fair bit lighter than most gtirs without people even realising ;) and he can actually drive the thing 8)

O

Odin

diesel weasel said:
and he can actually drive the thing 8)

Well that counts Lou and Jason out then :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mo's this year was 10.91 at 124mph as far as I know. Last year I think all the Gtirs were doing around 127mph, 2-3years ago Lou was hitting 129mph, this year Jason has hit 134mph. Although Jason and Lou obviously have more power they have yet to hit 10s. Both have hit 11.0s, so there's only 1/1oth between them and Mo.
Jasons car is very light too and I think Lous is now pretty light too.

LOU ROB

131 mph was my highest terminal but my average was 130 mph, all with shitty 1.9 sec 60' times.
They were all done with full road trim and optimax fuel.

I never got to run the car in anger with the new tyre set up, grp tailgate, polycarbonate windows, grp doors or stripped out interior, but, never mind, hopefully next year.

Last edited:

gunmetalgtir

I take it traction is the main issue with these high horsepower GTIR's if your getting 60ft times like that? What are the methods of overcoming this?

LOU ROB

Tyre pressures, tyre compounds, suspension set ups, launch control e.t.c. And possibly the most important one is to stop being a fanny and not worrying about blowing your box to bits on the start line when preparing to launch.