What's the Wastegate valve control solenoid for??

geetee

I'm trying to pin down my high tickover probs... and whilst checking the various vac hoses etc I noticed a couple of vac pipes which are just flopping around with bolts screwed in the end of 'em....

I'm fairly sure they used to be connected to what the manual calls the "Wastegate valve control solenoid valve" - it's a small device with stubs for two pipes and an electrical connector - and is just in front right of the intercooler (more or less directly above the wastegate actuator itself).

The question is - why is mine disconnected? (I suspect it is to do with the bleed valve fitted)

And what would it do if it were still connected?

Cheers
GeeTee [8D]

Doing it for DAX - we all are... live it 4 him....

Keira

quote:Originally posted by geetee

(I suspect it is to do with the bleed valve fitted)

Think you just answered your own question [:)]

It's a big black fly swat

J

jasegould

Yeah, SE fitted my bleed valve and disconnected the solenoid..told me not to reconnect it.

Ooooohh...its black..yawn..with 17'S..yawn..mongoose..yawn...zzzzzzzzz...BUT NOT FOR LONG!!!!!!!!!!

ex-gtir

this solinoid should realy be left connected as it there for safety of the engine when the knock sensor gets activated the solinoid switchs off lowering the boost pressure to the actuator set figure which is 0.5bar with the solinoid on the boost pressure is 0.7bar you can still run a bleed valve with this connected what happens is companys set the boost pressure without it connected so if you reconnect it and they have set to 1bar the it will boost at 1.2bar
i have a in car bleed valve plumbed in for 5 years with the boost solinoid still connected and alls well[:D]
try the idle control valve search on this forum and adjust it
nike