got engine spec'ed by a engine builder, no problem, but will take
at least 8-9 months for block and head build :(

anyone after a T76 on custom manifold
front/rear lsd
front mount/quick shift/ fuel tank,pump, sender,gauge
any pannels / car, minus engine + box

give me a bell

Keira

cant see why it would take 8 months to build an engine, personally i'd go to another builder.

i'll have the diffs though if you want rid, what are they ? how much ?
are they new ?

and you havn't given any contact details :wink:

S

stokie1

engine build taking so long

fardon EN40B crank 4-6 months
Carillo Titanium rods 6-7 months lead time
ferrea titanium vauves 3 months
slipper piston TBA

will be VERY lucky if i get all parts within 6 months

expected quality build off Tomei, list as Tuners from HELL :evil:

Diffs used, rear cusco 1 way MZ / nismo front + drive shaft

zia

is it necessarry to go to those length's to get certian part's.just lower your part criterior and buy such part that are ready available? you don,t need to spend huge amount on custom part's unless you like throwing money away?. am sure you can get the part's need for decent build without 8-9 month's.

zia

Keira

completely agree with zia,

you dont really need titanium anything on that list,

you can get various makes of conrods that are going to take more power than you're realistically likely to get out of the sr20det,

if you're that desperate for custom parts you have to wait, after my first set of pistons and rods went missing i think i had to wait 5 months for the second lot, pain in the @rse but i didn't want any of the alternatives so had no choice

p.s still no contact details for the diffs :wink:

deank93

I ordered a set of billet rods rated to 900bhp via Rishi, they arrived in about 3-4 days from the US and they were so cheap i nearly wet myself!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What max rpm are you planning on? The only reason I could see for titanium is reduced weight for higer revs?
PS Arrows in UK do Titanium rods (£2000 last time I asked)

S

stokie1

was planning to rev to 11k

going light weight to reduce stress on engine

arrow rods £3k+

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
stokie1 said:
arrow rods £3k+
Feck me, they've shot up :shock:

11K are you going to run an HKS T51R spl-bb as well :D

Highaltitudeimports said:
--Sky Racing Engineering S15 Silvia: 9.771 @ 242.29 km/hr
SR20DET, 804PS, 11,500 rpm, Boost: 2.4kg/cm2, T51R SPL-BB, Tomei 2.2l kit,
Tomei cams (IN/EX: 270deg), Toda sleeves, JUN surge tank, HKS F-conV,
ARC radiator (rear mount), HKS air shifter, triple plate clutch,
HKS HiperMax Damper Drag (F:3k, R:4k), Nitto NT555R (R:315/35-17), et al

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Why do you need all that...

You can have valves made in 2 weeks... Billet Rods in 1 week... Crank may take 16weeks for a custom billet one....

You can still then use all of the above to rev to 11k rpm without any problems...

Rishi

S

stokie1

Fast Guy said:
stokie1 said:
arrow rods £3k+
Feck me, they've shot up :shock:

11K are you going to run an HKS T51R spl-bb as well :D

Highaltitudeimports said:
--Sky Racing Engineering S15 Silvia: 9.771 @ 242.29 km/hr
SR20DET, 804PS, 11,500 rpm, Boost: 2.4kg/cm2, T51R SPL-BB, Tomei 2.2l kit,
Tomei cams (IN/EX: 270deg), Toda sleeves, JUN surge tank, HKS F-conV,
ARC radiator (rear mount), HKS air shifter, triple plate clutch,
HKS HiperMax Damper Drag (F:3k, R:4k), Nitto NT555R (R:315/35-17), et al
no got a roller bearing T76 rated at 850hp :D

Tomei must of changed their 2.2l kit cause my crank would be in bits
over 8000 rpm, did not think forged cranks and high rpm went together
very well :(

Keira

at the end of the day, like anything that doesn't have a direct effect on whether you live or die, if your hearts not 100% in it there is no point, it isn't like your going to find a cure for a terminal illness or solve the problem of world peace cos you've built a car.

to most people f.c.kuing about with cars is a waste of time and money but my attitude is i can do everything they do in their humdrum lives and do something they never will.

Through out my life i've always done things that the majority of people dont or aren't interested in and they may not understand or care but i've been places they never will, seen things they never will and acheived things they never will.

The way i see it is any mong can go to work, go to the pub, meet a girl, have kids, watch them grow up, water the flowers, then die

fine if thats all they want out of life, but its not for me,

i guess when you think about it, thats the point :wink:

gtir303

deisel weasel said:
at the end of the day, like anything that doesn't have a direct effect on whether you live or die, if your hearts not 100% in it there is no point, it isn't like your going to find a cure for a terminal illness or solve the problem of world peace cos you've built a car.

to most people f.c.kuing about with cars is a waste of time and money but my attitude is i can do everything they do in their humdrum lives and do something they never will.

Through out my life i've always done things that the majority of people dont or aren't interested in and they may not understand or care but i've been places they never will, seen things they never will and acheived things they never will.

The way i see it is any mong can go to work, go to the pub, meet a girl, have kids, watch them grow up, water the flowers, then die

fine if thats all they want out of life, but its not for me,

i guess when you think about it, thats the point :wink:
very deep but very true

Keira

why thank you, i have my moments :wink:

I think we all have a wobbly every now and then, i have them all the time, had one the otherday after thinking about the money the yellow cars going to cost me, that got me thinking about the money spent on cars i've had before.

that got me depressed :cry:

so i stopped thinking and ordered some new parts :lol: :lol:

zia

well said, have been hearing the same sort of crap since i was teenager just getting into cars.(remmeber's fondly mk2 cavalier that blew it to bits then swapped engine box from another)but if i carn't follow my heart and find peace in what i do then why should it effect other's.people alway's stereo type you,judge you, demean you just because you find enjoyment in something they don,t. this world would be a rather dull,colour less existance without some form of hobby,passion to which you can dedicate some time in your life.
i think we deviated abit from the thread.

zia

Keira

zia said:
i think we deviated abit from the thread.
i'd say we've taken it to another level :wink:

and seeing as i still havn't got a contact number for those diffs i dont think he really wants to sell up so it may help to motivate him and get him out of his little sulk :wink: :lol:

i've never seen the point of watching 22 blokes kick a foolsball around but if thats what people want to do with their time and money thats up to them, it does make me laugh when they tell me i'm wasting my time doing what i do but they'll never understand me just like i cant understand them.

personally i'm in a state of limbo with my car at the mo and have not progressed very far since i got back off my holiday. Its basically ready to go to daves and have body work sorted and painted but i'm waiting on something which means theres little point getting it up there yet, engine was going to be starting but i'm changing gearbox so money is tied up in that, got a few silly little things to do but nothing thats going to have any real effect on the greater scheme of things, waiting for my turbo which will give me something else to look at in my pile of new parts in my spare room and i'm sorting out something cam wise with a company which is keeping me interested, new oil pump turned up which means i only need bearings which i cant do till the cranks out so i keep myself motivated by pretending it'll come together real quick very soon :roll: :lol: :lol:

And all thats why i'm such a pain in the @rse to the newbs :wink: i take out my little sulks and wobblies on them, life would be so much easier if i was satisfied with 1 bar on a boost controller and worrying about what oil i should use......im simply jealous of anyone thats that easily pleased :oops: :wink: :lol: :lol:

S

stokie1

slowly putting toys back in my pram :)

will find out tom how much i can get for my turbo/manifold setup
will make a decision then

Keira

stokie1 said:
slowly putting toys back in my pram :)
good,

i'm still fck.ued off with my first lot of pistons and rods going missing and at present i'm still out of pocket :( .

just have to get over these little stumbling blocks, they are as they say sent to try us