whats the highest Mph you have taken it to

S

Stoned

140 a few weeks back. It would go faster as there was reserve power, but the noise of all the wind going through the door cracks was driving me mad :lol:

J

jonnyboy

flat out in top gear on limiter racing a porche tubby on the private part of the m23 :oops: ( must get that bloody speedo fixed )

M

madbazza95

161 AND A BIT TO GO

161 mph on GPS and still pulling away from my m8,s SUB P1 . :lol:

F

fiecos dan

just got back from a day a bruntingthorpe.

only magaged 169.6 mph from a standing start, with out any majors probs, except heat,

thats was till the turbo let go :oops: on my 4th run, so didnt really get a chance to push the brakin on top speed or get the 1/4 mile stuff perfect.

L

lynx

fiecos dan said:
the snooper is spot on, due to bein gps.

but the two downers with them is they reset at 160 back to 0,

in my fiecos i've seen 20mph after it reset, and seen 178 on my bro's road angle. both with about 150 rpm left, but i have hit the limiter in top before.

and my xr2tt i've seen 140mph at redline on over 20 times.

both on flat 1.5 mile (prospect) dual carriage way.

the other bad thing with it is the delay on reading of real speed, takes about 3-5 seconds to catch up with the cars speed.
gps isnt spot on it can be up to 300 feet inaccurate dan

F

fiecos dan

yeah 300 feet behind, thats why its takes a few seconds to catch up.

at bruntingthorpe the road angle was correct to the datron gear.

also i know wot speed my cars doin at wot rpm per gear. and goin to brunters has proven as i've seen 7.8 k rpm in 6th down the prospect, =183mph, and at brunters wen i did my 169mph runs i was on 7.2 ish rpm.

L

lynx

fiecos dan said:
yeah 300 feet behind, thats why its takes a few seconds to catch up.

at bruntingthorpe the road angle was correct to the datron gear.

also i know wot speed my cars doin at wot rpm per gear. and goin to brunters has proven as i've seen 7.8 k rpm in 6th down the prospect, =183mph, and at brunters wen i did my 169mph runs i was on 7.2 ish rpm.
no no 300 feet as in EPE (estimated postion of error) not 300 feet behind, basically a gps is a clock, it calculates your position via sattelites then when you move to another position it calculates how long it has taken you to move to that position your position is given in hhmmss (hours,minutes,seconds) the position hhmmss can have anything up to a 300 feet inaccuracy even with a differential the system can still be up to 100 feet out but road angel and snooper do not come with a diff, as accuracy goes it is much more accurate than a speedometer but it is NOT as you say spot on

warringtonjack

I've managed a whopping 112.3mph in the R. Bl00dy limiter. Have driven at 148mph in my old T5, racing against a 406coupe, who gave up at 125ish, and a saph cossie that toyed around with me for a bit then shot off into the distance! :shock: :shock: He must have reached 160 - 170! :shock:

All of the above was on a private track of course, and I never travel faster than the speed limit on public roads because of my rather heavy licence. (weighed down by all the ink on it! :lol: )

LOU ROB

7800 RPM in 5th, whatever that eqautes to :?

8500rpm for t.o.t.b.4 for the top speed challenge :twisted:

LOU ROB

Dooie Pop Pop said:
LOU ROB said:
7800 RPM in 5th, whatever that eqautes to :?

8500rpm for t.o.t.b.4 for the top speed challenge :twisted:
are you allowed to put bigger wheels on for the top speed run?
I think so.
But the buddyclubs have 225/45/16's on, so the rolling diameter has icreased and will improve the top end :D

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
8500rpm = 203mph with 17" wheels

9000rpm = 215mph with 17" wheels

Calculated using the Quaife Calculator...

Rishi

ChrisS

Imagine the wind noise from the door seals at that speed :D
Whats the quaife calc, and where can i find it?

ChrisS

Cheers Rishi,

do you know what the final drive ratio is on the quaiffe box, ive found the individual ratios but not the final one

Cheers

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
1st 3.285
2nd 1.850
3rd 1.272
4th 0.954
5th 0.740

Rev 3.266

Final gear ratio 4.125

:wink: