whats the difference between the Gtir engine and 200sx

F

flan

The ones i know off are, No coilpacks, no VVT, solid lifters, different inlet manifold, But for example. are the Block and head the same. could you fit a gtir head onto a 200sx block. just curious :D

Last edited by a moderator:

SickBoy

M8 are you on drugs or wot ???? :roll:

Do you not have a space bar for when you write sentences :lol: :lol:

Lee

F

flan

lol don't know what happened there.. lol been reading the sticky's looks like they are very different engines....

P

pulsarboby

no you cant as the sx has a timing belt instead of chain

tomble

Boby -

Are you sure? or are you getting your 200sx's mixed up?

The s13 200sx CA18DET has a belt
The s14 200sx SR20DET has a chain

Tom

P

pulsarboby

your right s13 is belt
didnt think about s14, although there are differences in the block ive been told on the s14 but to what ends i dont know!
i bought an engine off a guy once which came from a gtir which he bought for his 200sx, but the head on his 200 was different and he couldnt use it, but i cant remember why!

Lionel

meeting a gtir head with a sx block has been done befor but it a lot of work.

The reson the head from a GTIR need lots of work to fit a SX is down to stud diameter and oil passage`s as they do not line up.

Flan: if you want a pulsar motor in ur Sbody the closest your get is a 180sx sr20det as it dus not have VVT as it the beter of the sx motors.

Lionel.

F

flan

Thanks for the info. Sorry i should have read the faq first:doh: basicaly here's my situation.

Im building a Kit car with the Sx engine BUT im going to be running it on an emerald ecu. Im having trouble with the vvt needing to cut in at 1500 and out at 5500. basicaly i was thinking of selling the sx motor and buying the pulsar lump. better turbo.inlet...ect

but im unsure if the mounts will bolt to the block and the main thing... with a rwd box bolt onto it. :roll:

Flan

Lionel

Flan try get ur self a 180sx sr20 as ir will bolt right up to what you want as the mounts are the same as the s14 sr20`s .

also the 180sx sr20 dus not have VVT

F

flan

that does sound like my only option. as i found out the engine mounts and the box mounts are different. why is it never simple. :lol:

are there many 180SX engines about. i thought they were quite rare. i take ith the internals are like the sx as aposed to the pulsar (inlet,ports...ect)

Flan

tomble

I know three people with 180sx's, cracking cars and fairly sort after in this country now.

People who blow up those engines often look out for s14 lumps, as finding an original 180sx lump must be a bit of a pain with them being relatively rare over here!

Tom

F

flan

Cheers Tom.

O well ill have to stick with the 200 lump and work out how to switch the VVt on and off. if not iull find some cams and a pulley.

Shame almost "nothing" on the pulsar fits the 200. lol i didn't realise how different they were.