whats peoples opinions

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Looks fairly clean, can't comment on the work done to it and there are no engine shots in the ad. Where is the car based?

Im going to buy and collect this car on friday, the guy has been very helpful and sent me receipt for all engine work components so its all looking good.

Mr B

Been resprayed.
standard seats just refitted so probably bucket seats before maybe !
I expect it another usual UK mess & advert not written well in terms of details which never a good thing.
Only one way find out and that by going & inspecting it, don't take sellers word or invoices for anything, check it yourself & any doubts walk away or offer accordingly.
As someone else mentioned buying fresh import is advisable if can go over 5k. advantages are you can still find low mileage & rot free examples that in time save you the extra purchase cost as they not bodged scrap wrapped in a fresh bit of 2pack ...

Dangerous Dave

Been resprayed.
standard seats just refitted so probably bucket seats before maybe !
I expect it another usual UK mess & advert not written well in terms of details which never a good thing.
Only one way find out and that by going & inspecting it, don't take sellers word or invoices for anything, check it yourself & any doubts walk away or offer accordingly.
As someone else mentioned buying fresh import is advisable if can go over 5k. advantages are you can still find low mileage & rot free examples that in time save you the extra purchase cost as they not bodged scrap wrapped in a fresh bit of 2pack ...

5k for an import? you can import one for less than that if you have a look around ive found 5 or 6 over in japland for less than £1300 on the boat. ok you have taxes ect to pay when it gets here but it can all be done for 3kish these days.

if you look hard enough you will find them

Mr B

5k for an import? you can import one for less than that if you have a look around ive found 5 or 6 over in japland for less than £1300 on the boat. ok you have taxes ect to pay when it gets here but it can all be done for 3kish these days.

if you look hard enough you will find them
I haven't found anything to interest me for import for twice your quoted auction price. I live in asia & our tax on imports is far higher than UK.
if you can buy a real decent jdm gtir & ship it to UK & have it road ready for 3k , WoW .

MarkTurbo

The interior looks ok I suppose, shame he didn't take as many pictures of the rest of the car :?

I might be judging the seller unfairly but there's no way i would buy a car off Gumtree from an advert that poorly written and with sketchy details about the engine build. Would love to know what the special drifting clutch is too :lol:

I can see this one ending in tears after reading that advert. Omp suspension and drift clutch..wow
I am surprised he did not say umbrella model.

I think a lot of the advert has been copied and pasted from other adverts.

Good luck anyway, but don't commit to buying the car until you have seen it in the flesh, looked over it throughout, and driven it hard.
It might be miles away, but fixing the car will cost loads more than a day wasted and a £60 train ticket.

I bet you have bought a one way ticket as well. :)
Take a mate with you or buy a return ticket.
These cars are getting older and fewer and far between good ones.

BMCC

The advert says it has no road tax as well. So you are going to take a chance driving it on the road. Does he mean it has got a new registration so he can't tax it?

i got more details when messaging him.
A friend of mine is driving me there so if its bad i wont buy.
the clutch refers to a competition clutch. I will inspect it with a tooth comb and make sure i know what im buying.
It wont come with TAX as the new regulations state you cannot transfer tax to new owner. This rule came into effect from October 2014. I will have DVLA details with me when i buy it so that i can tax it before driving it back.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I hate the new tax rules they are just ridiculous.

I love it, took out 12 months tax in Jan, broken my collar bone, SORN'd the car last week.

Cheque turned up in the post this morning for 11 months tax.

I'll probs take out take next month when I'm better, so saved 1 months tax in my pocket rather than theirs! 8)

Mr B

I love it, took out 12 months tax in Jan, broken my collar bone, SORN'd the car last week.

Cheque turned up in the post this morning for 11 months tax.

I'll probs take out take next month when I'm better, so saved 1 months tax in my pocket rather than theirs! 8)
you could of done that with previous system.