whats my r worth if i sold it?

rossdj1983

kinda playing with the idea of getting rid:cry: :cry: , house prices are just pushing me out of r ownership im afraid, so i was wondering roughly what mine would fetch
h reg, fresh tax and mot

bits done:-
engine-
hks 264 cams
je forged pistons
3071 tubby with 4" inlet
tial 38mm ext. wastegate
tubular manifold
sard fuel presure regulator
sard 700cc injectors
emanage ultimate
hks evc5 boost controller
fmic
custom alloy rad with fan
sheepdog bov
q45 afm
k and n filter
all service parts pretty much new

drivetrain-
quaife gearset
rps streetmax clutch
fidenza lightweight flywheel
hi-spec 300mm brakes
17" buddy club rims- new p7000 tyres
gab shocks
front and rear strut braces

reciepts for all engine and gearbox work

there is a kudos grill on it, but not in the pic sorry

bad bit

minor touch of surface ruct on offside rear arch about the size of a 2p

Last edited:

EVOBAD

like most cars its only worth what people will pay am looking for a good pulsar with spec lik yours has u got more pic plus a price in mind:thumbsup: pm me with price etc :-D

pulsar350R

with all the paper work, history etc.. i think you should get something between £6,000-£7,000.
get it advertised on all the forums if you want good cash for it. will take some time if you get the right buyer.as ive just sold mine, and on the hunt for a new one. its a shame.

good luck with sale dude

ashills

piston heads seems to sell some good spec cars as not every one on there is looking for something for nothing lol

deank93

Its a very nice spec but personally i don't think you'd get 7k for it, just look at the quality of that blue one that was mag featured and just about rebuilt from the ground up....i can't rememeber the fellas name at the moment....it went for just over 7K and i doubt there is a better R in the whole of the UK.

As much as i hate to say it i think if your serious about getting it sold you are looking at 5.5k-6K.

rossdj1983

fair one mate, to be honest id rather keep it if thats the case. just looking at options to shut my mrs up so we can get a bigger house

P

pulsarboby

i agree with dean unfortunately!:cry:
they are now old cars, you've spent a lot of money on that car ross, and i know by bits you've bought from me and others, that you keep it in tiptop condition, and imho i think its worth every bit of 7k, it is a very nice car indeed!

if i was looking for a trackcar now i would have given you 7k for it, as i know the works been done!
but back in the real world i would say 5 to 5,500 and thats assuming your fortunate enough to find the right buyer with cash burning a hole in his pocket!

theres a lot of people on this forum that have spent huge amounts of money on their cars, myself, odin, you, and many others! my car probably owes me 12k (and im a cheapskate, compared to some:lol: ) but if i went to sell it, i would think that 5k would be a good result for me.

and s/h prices have dropped hugely on parts, so you would do no better even breaking it!
take abmunro £1600 for a low mileage quaiffe box, and he cant shift it at that price.

when cars are being broken in abundance, and parts s/h drop in value, this in turn has a knock on effect with a cars re-sale value, it will take a few years now before these cars start to rise in value again, in the meantime they will just keep dropping.

so my advise to you is (take it or leave it) forget what you have spent on the car, advertise it for 7k no offers, but if no takers, then find money from somewhere else, but keep the car safely locked away as one day when ive finished ripping all the sh1tters apart:twisted: :lol:
Your car will be worth a fair few quid:thumbsup:

deank93

I was in a very similar situation to you and was looking at selling my R to fund a bigger house but rather than face massive losses selling the car as one lump i broke it, now i know thats frowned upon but i've made back DOUBLE what i would have if i'd sold the whole....but to be fair i did have a few really good results with prices.

It a little bit of agrovation but well worth it.

Last edited:

rossdj1983

thanks for the feedback chaps.

i think with house prices going out of control people cant afford luxurys like this anymore, ive already sold my fireblade to free up some cash- gutted.

i also appreciate you never get back what you put in, so for that i think im gonna keep with it- and the fact that its nice to have 400 of nissans horses pushing me along

O

Odin

House prices have gone silly thats for sure :shock: , Our house has gone up 200k in 3 years :shock: , I worry about my own kids ever being able to afford their own places :oops: .

As or the car yes its worth 7k all day long but you will never get it :cry: , I paid 9k for mine 6 years ago and I've spent a small fortune on it since :doh: , I've now got to the point that I could never sell it as I'd loose far to much money and could never afford to spend it again on another project :oops: .

Break it is defo the best option for getting as much money back as pos :cry: , Its a shame to see another one die. But the only other way is to take a bigger lose and sell it for around 5k.

Rob

rossdj1983

i think im in the same boat as you odin, ive spent so much theres no going back. bugger it im gonna keep it and do even more overtime- good old pulsars