Whats Max Boost on a Profec B ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
Before you ask, not a Spec 2, but the old skool Profec B (black and see thru' blue).
I'm hitting a boost ceiling of 1.6 bar (23 psi) and can't go any higher.

From what i've read, the lo boost should max out around 1.2 bar (which mine does) but cranked up the hi boost tops out at 1.6 bar. Everything is all piped up correctly and works fine, but i can't get more boost!

Can anyone shed any light on this:noidea:

Cheers,

donpulsar :)

warringtonjack

Have you checked to see if there is a warning pressure limit? I.e. doesnt matter how high you set boost, if the warning pressure isnt removed, it wont go past it?

donpulsar

I'm more than happy with the GReddy in terms of ease of setup and use etc, and my pockets aren't deep enough for an AVC-R! :lol:

I'll PM Mr Chan and see if he can give me any pointers. As for the actuator, that's coming off and being inspected. Its a standard actuator that's running 0.9 bar (after being set on the GT2871R) so it could just be tired and need swapping. I take it the solenoid unit bleeds off the extra air to make the boost higher but the wastegate will always run a fixed boost unless its knackered ?

Cos its the old skool Profec there's no boost limit to pre-set.

And of course all the paperwork I've sourced mentions nothing of the solenoid unit's boost ceiling - I know the remodelled Profec B (now known as Type S) runs a solenoid unit capable of 3 bar which should be more than ample...however there's no point spending money just for the sake of it! So if anyone can offer any more ideas, facts or suggestions please let me know.

Cheers,

donpulsar :thumbsup:

GTIR-LOZ

i reckon its your actuator its not going to hold up to that pressure on that turbo the solenoid bleeds of air until the desired pressure and then it lets it through to actuator to open the wastegate, (if no boost controller is used it will open at whatever pressure the actuator is manually setup for) if the actuator is not strong enough the boost pressure will force open the wastegate this i suspect is your problem

donpulsar

I had reckoned that was more than likely to be the problem :cry: I'm sure the tests later today will confirm that.

Still, can't argue with a chance/excuse to upgrade.... :twisted: so do i buy a nice new shiny actuator for the internal wastegate (any recommendations & suggestions where from..?) or are there any benefits to hooking up an external wastegate ? (I run a GT2871R on a tubular manifold and a full Janspeed 3"elbow and exhaust).

Cheers,

donpulsar :-D