What would people like written.

red reading

As above, what topic shall I write today for people, cylinder head work? Gearbox upgrades? Ideas people please.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
step by step "how to" rebuild a solid bottom end (include basic tools, parts that should be replaced, tips and tricks) and a how to rebuild a head (stem seals, shims etc)

red reading

Ok I can do both soon with pictures as I am building a new engine, the head work thread is a bit harder but I will do a write up.

red reading

How to build a 10000+rpm engine. :-D
Who has the money? Rockers will be an issue at that so you are then onto vvl heads....basically you would need copper beryllium valve seats,stainless one piece valves,90lb valve springs and lightweight retainers, good light weight rods like carillo,an 82mm stroke crank (steel sr18 one),89mm cp or similar pistons,cosworth 90mm gasket,decent liners, everything dynamically balanced,stock head bolts,arp l19 rod bolts,arp main studs, crank scraper, dry sump kit, and a good machinest to do the bits to exact tolerances , 10,000rpm and reliable.

red reading

Suppose you could also use stock valve seat material (stelite) and get 1 piece titanium valves, trouble with copper beryllium is its carcinogenic so no one in the uk will machine it for the multi angle seat cut.

shroom

Could you please do a write up on the meaning of life please

On a serious note is there anywere that shows how to clean the stock maf and the z32 or what to use? I know its probably quite generic info but was just pondering the stock afm the other day

red reading

Forty two, is the answer Tom .

and I will see if there is for the mafs....if not its quite easy as long as you are gentle to do it so a write can be done.

MarkTurbo

As above, what topic shall I write today for people
I'd like this one please :lol:

Since the invention of nuclear weapons we have had a long period of global peace and stability. So are nuclear weapons global peacemakers or killing devices?

But if you can't manage that one i'd settle for something about tubular manifolds and runner length/diameter etc ;-)

red reading

Ok, short as possible answer....bomb don't kill people, people kill people.

And for the manifold we need some math and guidance on that...so I will ask the right person for that.

nismoj

For all the road car only people like me, give us all your best mods for a customer who wants 300hp and driveability, while maintaining reasonable standard spec.

ducie54

How about a ride blog of what you have built instead of how things can built.

Ps. Still interested in seeing these cylindrical roller bearings for the center diff.

red reading

How about a ride blog of what you have built instead of how things can built.

Ps. Still interested in seeing these cylindrical roller bearings for the center diff.

How about you fly over and I will take you round my local roads for a cruise......I did actually have a ride blog at one point but I got bored of it.