what turbo to buy??

yellow gtir

hi all was thinking of upgrading my turbo these are the mods that i have atm. MINES ECU SYSTEM, FRONT MOUNT INTERCOOLER, HKS INDUCTION KIT, NGK SPARK PLUGS, HKS SSQV, WALBRO 255 FUEL PUMP, BIGGER INJECTORS, OIL COOLER, DE-CATED MONGOOSE 5" FROM TURBO EXHAUST, UPRATED OIL FILTER.
just wanted to know what would be the best turbo to get and run around 400bhp(ish) and would the standerd pistons handl that much power and mods or will i need to uprate them izwell?? or what other mods do i need to get that would help reach the bhp figure?? thanks

gtir_pimp

what turbo you got on now, standard? and what powers that making? gt2871r is fast spooling and will see 400bhp. with correct mapping.pistons should be ok. you would need bigger injectors and a z32 maf. maybe other mods that people know you will need. cams maybe?

yellow gtir

hi mate is the gt2871r a bolt on turbo or will i need to change the piping of the car?? i alredy have bigger injectors (700cc) but would the standerd pistons handl that much power??

If you had a really good map on the car so it didn't det at all, the std pistons will do that kind of power, but not for long. Forged would be an essential upgrade in the near future methinks.

Who maps Mines ECUs in the UK anyway? Anyone? Pretty sure you'd need to change the management.

gtir_pimp

gt2871r will bolt on fine. think theres a thread on here somewhere to confirm that. im sure people have run 400bhp on standard pistons for a long period of time. but mapping has to be spot on and the car treated well, oil changes at the right time, etc. your gearbox might shit itself though!!!

dj1qy

and i wouldnt advise puttin that much strain on stock internals as u dont know how well looked after the car was before you had it to know the stock internals have the capability to endure up 2 400bhp

yellow gtir

yh mate i was thinking of upgrading the pisons in the near future but just wanted to know how much the standerd pistons could handl??

yellow gtir

hi mate the oil change is alwayes regular with my car alwayes change every few months and the gear box is recondition and almost looks brand new.