what to look for?

littlewimp

hi guys, fingers crossed i should eventually get my r on the road for the first time very soon, so what i was wandering is if there is anything i can fit to monitor the engine fuelling! or any other thing that can cause me problems, the cars standard form with just air filter and exhaust mods and running 1 bar boost, also would you recommend me getting it up to fusion ed to get it all checked , but im a bit unsure what can be adjusted if anything using a standard ecu. so advice appreciated. thanks neil.;-)

johnny gtir

decent aftermarket oil pressure gauge possibly mechanical would be my first thing. aem wideband is a option. i would always recomend someone like edd checking fueling etc

bob the builder

if its standard like you say fueling shouldnt be an issue.
do you have an uprated fuel pump?
keep an eye on the temps, oil and water
what is your intended use? track, daily runn?er

littlewimp

thanks for your feedback, i think once i get it tested i will get in touch with ed at fusion and pop it up, its a good run up the road for me but as stated well worth. thanks neil

littlewimp

decent aftermarket oil pressure gauge possibly mechanical would be my first thing. aem wideband is a option. i would always recomend someone like edd checking fueling etc
been looking at the aem wideband controllers and noticed that they do one with a boost guage included, thought this could be an option because i only have the standard innacurate one fitted at the moment , so has anyone got any feedback on the aem units? thanks neil.