What size Oil cooler have you got.

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have a 12 row Mocal cooler with a thermostatic sandwich plate which works OK'ish. I also have a new 24 row one I was going to fit but I wonder if that size is a bit OTT.

Doe's anyone use a 19 or 24 row one for daily use and how do you find it in the summer/winter.

Si..

i've got a 19 row mocal on mine, and even with a monster roller bearing turbo which was oil fed only it worked spot on, the oil was at the bottom of the scale around the 80 mark when cruising then moved up only slightly when i opened it up, the only time it got hot was sitting in traffic in the summer. 8)

I

Innovate Performance

Hi steve.

we use 19 and 24 row coolers on verious cars. if you have the thermostateic sandwich plate then you will never get to cold as you probley know.

What lenght are you useing 160mm or 210.

We use 160mm x 24 row on the skyline and it works fine. we also have a 210 x 24 to try for when it is use on the track. Havent tried it yet though so i not sure what it will be like.

MarkTurbo

I've got a 24 row one and a 16 row one, but i've now decided that i'm gonna go for 19 row :roll: :lol:

Thats with a 250mm wide core :wink:

As long as you've got a sandwich plate with a stat you wont have to worry about overcooling.

Shaun

:D Hi Steve,i have a 16row Mocal cooler,and find it is very good,maybe a little to good sometimes :wink: I suppose it also depends where you want to fit it :wink: I've fitted mine in the driverside brakeduct,and to be honest i think a bigger one would be wasted if put in that position :wink: I also fitted a 13row to Duey's car behind the front grill,that also works very well,lets the temp climb a little when running plenty of boost :D but recovers very quickly :!:

P

pimppulsar

i did have a 13 but up't it to a 19 row and found that to be perfect even in the summer on track days!