what size lift has most people hks cams got

E

Edd

ooopss sorry :oops: :oops:

erm don't know then
i know Ginga's gone for quite a high lift, 12mm i think?

Nad

I think they come in 3 stages, Step 1,2 and 3 with lifts 10.5, 11.5 and 12mm respectivly with a choice of duration as follows

Step 1. 256-264 10.5
Step 2. 256-272 11.5 or 12
Step 3. 264-272 11.5 or 12

This information is based on the SR20DET specification and may not be specific to the RNN14 series.

Nad

GINGA

I've got the 264 step 2 ones with 12mm in/11.5mm ex lift they do come in 3 stages step one is 10.5/10mm iirc and step 3 is also 12mm/11.5mm i think which seems a bit odd so don't know how they differ from the step 2 ones :?: though hks do recommend uprated valve springs on step2,3 cams

nismoboy

I got my hks 264 cams from hiteq and ian told me they gave an 11.5mm lift and that they didn`t need uprated valve springs,so i take it that they are stage 2 cams? anyone know more about these?

J

J-GTi-R

Yeah yeah, everyone knows you've got Tomei cams Nad... :roll:

Sweeny

Do step 2's really need uprated valve springs.

And forgive me for being a bit dumb, but what difference does the lift make that the duration doesn't? Does it just move the power higher up the rev range? :oops: :?

James.

M

memski

Nad said:
No one makes a better or more aggresive cam than ***** :wink:

Nad
Tomei ones seem to have a high lift value, but peak lift doesn't necessarily mean they are the most aggressive :wink:

S

stuart rawlinson

264 11.5 Lex

Or we did think at first that HKS had sent out a funny pair But uncle Ian thinks there ok so thats fine

Stu

Nad

memski said:
Nad said:
No one makes a better or more aggresive cam than ***** :wink:

Nad
Tomei ones seem to have a high lift value, but peak lift doesn't necessarily mean they are the most aggressive :wink:
No the fact that they are matched to a small duration does :wink:

Nad

MarkTurbo

My car is off the road now for another clutch and gearbox :roll: and it needs re shimming too so i reckon its the ideal time to fit a set of cams as well :D

As i'm not that clued up on profiles/lift/duration etc i need some advice on which ones to go for.

My car is pretty standard at the moment, only mods are a blitz sus filter, mongoose system, and hks 1.2 mm headgasket. As well as fitting cams i'm gonna fit an uprated fuel pump and take the boost up to 1 bar :D

I dont want to sacrifice too much low/midrange power/driveability and would like to gain some torque if thats possible :?: Also do you have to change valve springs :?:

Any preferances on vernier pulleys?