what should be my first modification??...

bopper

with boost controllers. Its all down to budget, underbonnet values are cheap as chips, a freind just got one on ebay for a tenner. Or in-car controllers these are alot better and more accurate way of doing it, and alot of the new stuff has self learn modes and all sorts of trick stuff, thats the way i went. Theres the apexi avcr a know a lot of people that use it and say its great, ive got a hks evc5 which i think is great so basically its gonna be down to money your looking between £250 anywhere upto £700. I got my hks one off ebay for £300 which i was happy with so like i say its all down to your budget.

J

Jim_1979

Just getting the garage to fit a manual one today. Not a rubbish bleed vavle thing. He said it's decent and I know the guy.

Will be fun to see what it drives like when I get it back! :)

bopper

they are ok, it all depends how far you want to go with the car, as in wot sort of bhp would you want to finally be running

Dooie Pop Pop

Jim_1979 said:
Just getting the garage to fit a manual one today. Not a rubbish bleed vavle thing. He said it's decent and I know the guy.

Will be fun to see what it drives like when I get it back! :)
was gonna say you could ask AJ4 he could knock you up somthing or pm exgtir as he was selling a simple low/high bc a while back;-)

buy a disklock...

J

Jim_1979

The car's got a decent alarm thankfully. So that's all good.

The manual boost controller is only for just now. In the future I'll be looking for a EBC.

I'm gonna get as much as I can from the car just now, then probably go for larger turbo/fuelling and aftermarket ecu such as unichip, power fc, emanage etc

Mr GTiR

No point in making the car go faster if the brakes are not up to the job.

They don’t work very well on standard boost never mind 1 bar :shock:

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
No point in making the car go faster if the brakes are not up to the job.

They don’t work very well on standard boost never mind 1 bar :shock:
lol very true, bhp is almost irrelevent its all about speed/mass. atm im getting to the stage where i have to be really carefull where i apply the LOUD pedal:doh: standard brakes are really poo imo:doh:

J

Jim_1979

yeah they ARE!! I nearly ran into the back of someone 5mins ago. The car has stupid hard pads on them that obviously need warmed up. They barely even worked! SHAT myself! lol

bracpan

I totaly agree, first thing I did was better brakes the standard brakes are terrible.
I run Willwoods with 310mm discs under 16ins wheels and they are 100% better than the original units.
Cheers
Phil

O

Odin

bracpan said:
I run Willwoods with 310mm discs under 16ins wheels
That must be tight :shock: my AP 304mm are pretty tight under my 16'S.

Rob