what runs the tacho?

T

Toady

is it the coil on these cars? mine dont work prop, flikers and never reads correct. gonna take the clocks out ina mo to check theres no loose connections, but ive a feeling its more than that! :evil:

Keira

check the earths before doing anything, a mates cossie was doing all manner of strange things due to bad earths

T

Toady

yeah will do, basically im gonna have to check all connections everywhere etc! :D

GINGA

The ecu runs the rev counter :wink: hhmmm and carrying on from my post in general about the speed signal the ecu requires.
Has the dash been removed from your new car recently for any reason :?: as your whole rev counter/running problem could be just something as simple as a lose plug in the instrument panel :lol:

T

Toady

alrite ginga, ive had the whole dash and clocks out inc ecu today, ecu has a jap garage sticker on it but i dont think that has anything to do with it as its been fine for the last 10months. put it all back together but still aint working. i mite disconnect the speedo converter 2mro which is on the back of the clocks i fink, and see if it works then. :oops:

T

Toady

some twat had rewired the ecu so that the car wouldnt rev past about 3k to maybe disguise a blown turbo! :cry:

T

Toady

yeah, only new parts are suspension, and brakes, oh and a few stuff like plugs,leads dizzy cap etc, nothing internal. so it looks like a new turbo for me! :cry: