What is the best

youngsyp

alana said:
Well paul i do know how you like butting in on other peoples threads but my r was running 342 bhp (1.4) on standard injectors and afm and i have a dyno printout to prove!
Yes keeping standard afm and injectors might be a result of DET but running a standard tubby on a standard ecu at 1.3 bar, May well result in little bits of turbine blades being sucked into the inlet.
:roll: Another one with a chip on their shoulder !

Going by your comments, aren't you butting in on this thread too ?

I'm pleased that you have a nice dyno graph to prove you're GTiR wasrunning 1.4 bar on the stock injectors. However, if you want a reliable engine that will last, and not a nice bill for a rebuild, I wouldn't advise running stock injectors at that level. I know I wouldn't from the analysis I've done of my set up.

What boost level and mods is your GTiR running now ?

Paul

davey red.r

paul and turbo daily have gave you some sound advice there alana, and you have the cheek,to say paul buts in, he is giving you the time and his experience in helping you out, in your r education lesson ,im butting in now and have better advice than any of them,go play with a double decker bus:doh:

davey

Last edited:
A

alana

youngsyp said:
What boost level and mods is your GTiR running now ?

Paul
I'm running 385 bhp at 1.2 bar on a gt2871r it's getting remapped at the moment to 1.5 bar.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alana

davey red.r said:
paul and turbo daily have gave you some sound advice there alana, and you have the cheek,to say paul buts in, he is giving you the time and his experience in helping you out, in your r education lesson ,im butting in now and have better advice than any of them,go play with a double decker bus:doh:

davey
MungBean You have a pm you dirty slag!! :lol:

MarkTurbo

alana said:
I'm running 385 bhp at 1.2 bar on a gt2871r
What mods have you got to get that power figure at such low boost on that turbo? Thats roughly what a gt3071 would make at 1.4 bar so either you've done something special or thats one seriously over optimistic dyno :lol:

A

alana

MarkTurbo said:
What mods have you got to get that power figure at such low boost on that turbo? Thats roughly what a gt3071 would make at 1.4 bar so either you've done something special or thats one seriously over optimistic dyno :lol:
It's not an optimistic dyno as i've use the same r/r since i owned the car my first printout from there was 230 bhp i've still got that graph too.

Spec:
Norris built engine - oversized forged pistons, lightend and balanced rods, hks head gasket, hks 262 cams.
Light weight flywheel.
Gt2871r with custom intercooler pipework, elbow(Screamer:twisted: ) and 3" down pipe braided lines, ect,ect (standard manifold though:oops: ).
Large front mount, Dastek, avcr, turbo smart recirc,water injection at 10psi, uprated fuel pump, helix organic clutch.z32 afm, 700cc injectors.

Think thats about it but I might have missed something.;-)

noriek2003

MarkTurbo said:
could be an american :doh::lol:

A

alana

I'm not over sensitive Rob, It's my opinion and as far as i'm concerend i was giving better advise than paul.
I may be a newbie on this forum but i have years of experience in jap motors.

A

alana

Odin said:
Maybe just tone down the attitude a little then ;-) , Paul and many members have a great wealth of experience with the SR20 engine in the pulsar, You may have better over all knowledge of jap machinery but I can guaranty that a lot of us know far more about the Pulsar ;-) .

We're a friendly bunch once you get to know us and understand the humor ;-) .

Rob
Fair enough ;-)

snoon

olliecast said:
with what mods mate?
Sorry for not replying buddy - been working away with no interweb access!

Standard turbo, standard MAF, 3" elbow/exhaust, dastek unichip, 550 injectors, FMIC, walbro - not exactly sure on boost level on that dyno run though as (unknown to me at the time) i was having some boost controller issues. I thought it was running 1.2 bar, but after checking it could have been anything up to 1.5! Not good for your standard tubby's life expectancy!!

It made 350.5 BHP with 344 torque - on TDI Norths RR (Not sure what sort they have? I can remember it wasn't a Dyno Dynamics but thats it!!)

Shaun