What is the best

P

pulsar passion

Hi guys i've had my r for bout four years now, my car is basically stock just fmic boost tap bov upgraded brakes exhaust and that's bout it. i'm looking to make some upgrades finally. i want to put bigger injectors in bigger turbo and and ecu upgrade but i no nothing major about cars:der: so what i would like to know from those experienced guys out there what is best for me brands parts all those kind of things. cheers.:lol:

P

pulsar passion

well i don't want to break the bank too much so would say 350 be to much

P

pulsar passion

i hav about $2k AUD not much but should be able to fo something with it

A

alana

$2k AUD will not get you very far you should aim for about 300 bhp with your budget.
Organic clutch - £300
Fuel pump - £100
Piggyback ecu (Dastek) -£300 - 400
That'll leave you a couple of hundred quid for labour, Knock the boost up to about 1 - 1.2 bar and you'll get better results. (The standard tubby might die after a bit of abuse!)

youngsyp

A good suspension set up, some Evo 510cc 0r 560cc injectors and an ecu remap. Possible add a Z32 AFM if you have the extra cash.

That'll see you at around 330 bhp/310 lb's/ft at 1.2-1.3 bar. The car will run better all round, and the fuelling and ignition maps will be spot on for the boost you're running. The turbo will be maxing out then probably but, it'll be old anyway now so, will need replacing in the near future.
It should also handle better too.

Paul

A

alana

youngsyp said:
A good suspension set up, some Evo 510cc 0r 560cc injectors and an ecu remap. Possible add a Z32 AFM if you have the extra cash.

That'll see you at around 330 bhp/310 lb's/ft at 1.2-1.3 bar. The car will run better all round, and the fuelling and ignition maps will be spot on for the boost you're running. The turbo will be maxing out then probably but, it'll be old anyway now so, will need replacing in the near future.
It should also handle better too.

Paul
Why would you need a Z32 afm and 560CC injectors to run 330 bhp??? :der:

turbodaily

because its not ideal to run a maf to its limit. a z32 wont be maxed out at that boost/bhp whre as a stock one probably will be near its limits

A

alana

turbodaily said:
because its not ideal to run a maf to its limit. a z32 wont be maxed out at that boost/bhp whre as a stock one probably will be near its limits
But a standard afm can achieve 350 bhp and it would be better upgrading fuel pump and clutch before you start changing injecters and afm!

turbodaily

yes mate fair enough a stock afm might work on 350bhp but it will be working pretty hard at that. im a believer of not maxin things out ie injectors afm etc. i would prefer to have the reasurance of knowing the afm or injectors arent running at their max

fuel pump,510cc,z32, emanage/unichip and 1.3bar boost. thats what id do.

turbodaily

its like saying a stock clutch can handle 250ftlb and your ganna put 240ftlb through it.. how long will it last working near its limits

A

alana

turbodaily said:
its like saying a stock clutch can handle 250ftlb and your ganna put 240ftlb through it.. how long will it last working near its limits
But you'll run the standard tubby at 1.3 bar :der:

:clap2: NICEONE!!! :clap2:

youngsyp

alana said:
Why would you need a Z32 afm and 560CC injectors to run 330 bhp??? :der:
As turbodaily has stated.

My injectors are maxed out at 1.1 bar of boost and the AFM isn't far behind. That's a recipe for DET and wholed pistons.

It's always better to have the headroom these cheap and effective mods would provide.

Why would you use a Dastek Unichip when the stock ecu is so capable ? :der: :roll:

Paul

youngsyp

alana said:
But a standard afm can achieve 350 bhp!
Mine is running at around 4.8 volts at WOT with just 318 bhp so, I think you're a bit disillusioned there ! You'd struggle to achieve 330 bhp, with the stock AFM imho.

Paul

A

alana

Well paul i do know how you like butting in on other peoples threads but my r was running 342 bhp (1.4) on standard injectors and afm and i have a dyno printout to prove!
Yes keeping standard afm and injectors might be a result of DET but running a standard tubby on a standard ecu at 1.3 bar, May well result in little bits of turbine blades being sucked into the inlet.

snoon

AFM will be fine. Money would be better spent on an elbow/downpipe.

I made 350BHP on standard AFM.