What have you done to your car today?

johnny gtir

None other than it was local good price trust the seller. Had been checked by a gearbox ( do i say builder) near boarders aint read into them fully but anything over standard i hope will help.i have never had any work done on a standard box so i can not complain and realise at 18 year plus its a lottery but been through 4 now 2 in my white car before quaife and 2 in this car so. Thoughts on the par gears please ?

red reading

Very good if built right is what I will say johnny same as Phil and a few others in the know, like any thing they will fail from abuse and not changing the oil in them as the gears run on needle roller bearings in them, ppg had an issue with sleeves slipping inside the gears on there older gearset sand they have now redesigned them to the same as par. The weakness left is not changing the final drive the standard nissan shaft is worn on a lot of gearboxes and there are starting to fail now...I personally am not building them anymore due to the slagging I have had with no proof.

johnny gtir

Thanks.can not please all the people all the time all i know is i wish i had half your know on these cars and more so the boxes cheers for the reply find myself learing all the time

Jöördis

Changed manifold and turbo caskets. And found a little crack on exhaust side on turbo. It's time to upgrade then 8)

STU666V

Check the forsale section. Redreading is breaking a car that has a 3076 turbo. And manifold etc.

vpulsar

Still done nothing myself lol, Danny has half built my engine but yesterday I managed to pick up a brand new Nismo 1.5 way diff from the states and the gearbox brace from Italy is winging it's way over next week so I now have everything apart from a clutch, But Danny reckons he's got that covered.

The shell should be finished by the end of Feb as well so hopefully I might just make the April Isle of man meet.

Rob

STU666V

Good that your getting on with it Rob.

My shell is getting worked on just now. Stripped down and rebuilt the rear diff. Started on rebuilding the drive shafts today.

Bought new front and rear calipers today too.

Thats about it.

vpulsar

My shell is getting worked on just now. Stripped down and rebuilt the rear diff. Started on rebuilding the drive shafts today.

Thats about it.
It's about time you finished that car matey, You'll be an old man when that thing races at this rate lol.

Rob

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Took mine for a spin tonight after having my Quaife installed. Engine is nice and "torquey" and the gearbox works like a dream.

Only problem is the bloody front windscreen wipers came on and stayed on, so I had to remove the bloody fuse!

One thing after another with this sodding car!

Next step is to fit my new Z32 and get the DET cans out and turn up the boost! :hide:

Sunny-D

Thats about it.
Do you mind asking where you got your rear calipers from?

vpulsar

A bit daft I know but I ordered a custom storm force fitted cover for my new Pulsar that I still don't have yet lol, Looks very nice and will even have Gti-R across the bonnet part of the cover.

Gearbox brace arrived yesterday along with the Par selector fork for the gearbox, Just have one more bit to get here from the states (crank scrapper) then hopefully things will progress a lot quicker then.

Rob

whytie

Where did you get the par selector fork from, I emailed them 2 weeks ago and they said they had none in stock but will make more soon. I was hoping to fit one while my box is out the car.