What happens with bigger injectors?

M

Mondorno

Hi,
I want to buy some 555cc injectors for my R. To control the injectors I want to fit a SAFC 2. My question is, what will happen after fitting the injectors, when I put no fuel correction settings in the SAFC 2? Will the Engine run very rich then, becuase of the bigger injectors or will the SAFC 2 converte the signals with the bigger injectors, so that the engine still runs the same fuelling? Hope you all know what I mean, cuase my English is very bad.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I think if you replace the injectors and the ecu doesn't know different, then I assume you'll run more fuel across the whole map by a similar %. If done for long enough you may get bore wash which could damage the engine.

There will probably be a setting in the SAFC 2 to change the injector size and run the correct fuelling again.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You will run rich... You are telling it to fuel by a certain percentage...

so 50% off the new 550cc is more than 50% of the std 444cc injectors...

There should be a setting in the AFC to adjust for different sized injectors as there is for different AFM's... OR you can just map it and take some of the fueling out...

Rishi

M

Mondorno

So when I put the Z32 MAF in the car and put the Z32 settings in the SAFC 2 the car runs still the samer setup right? Would be great to know, if its the same with the injectors.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I don't have a SAFC 2, but I assume you can tell it you have a z32 maf and you can tell it you have 550cc injectors in which case everything should be OK.

If you don't tell it you have 550 injectors it will run rich (assuming it thinks it still has standard 444injectors)

Dan_GTiR

Fast Guy said:
I don't have a SAFC 2, but I assume you can tell it you have a z32 maf and you can tell it you have 550cc injectors in which case everything should be OK.

You tell the SAFC the type of MAF you are using so it can convert the signal back to what the ECU needs to use.

As for the larger injectors, 550cc are about as big as you can controll with the SAFC, you do not tell the SAFC what size injectors you are using, but adjust the fuelling curve accordingly to compensate for them being larger.

There is a lot of info over on SR20Forum.com about using the SAFC, go on there and do a search.

Dan.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dan_GTiR said:
You tell the SAFC the type of MAF you are using so it can convert the signal back to what the ECU needs to use.

As for the larger injectors, 550cc are about as big as you can controll with the SAFC, you do not tell the SAFC what size injectors you are using, but adjust the fuelling curve accordingly to compensate for them being larger.

There is a lot of info over on SR20Forum.com about using the SAFC, go on there and do a search.

Dan.

You can go alot larger than 550cc with the SAFC I & II

Rishi