what gear box will fit my pulsar engine 2wd

warren1off2010

hi chaps
over the last year i buyed a nissan sunny 1.6 sr an put a nissan pulsar engine in to it will a sunny gti gearbox an flywheel. but the gti gearbox has blow up lol a cant get a gti gearbox from no where.VERY HARD TO GET. does any 1 no wat gear box i can put on it thanks warren

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Which Pulsar engine? I'm assuming you mean the SR20DET, but the Pulsar is not just one model and therefore came with a range of engines.

I'd suggest getting your GTi gearbox rebuilt; that's probably easier than sourcing a new one, and at least you could then have some confidence in it lasting slightly longer... but the turbo engine will eat it eventually.

Fusion Ed

Apparently the Primera P11 GT box is the strongest. As it happens it has the same internal get set (different ratios) as the RNN14, but without the LSD. (P11GT= RS5F50A, pulsar = RS5F51V)

Fusion Ed

I doubt it. but it should be close. Fiddling around with clutch plates etc may be necessary as i think the input splines are larger on the RNN14, i THINK the P11GT has the same splined as a S14. I know the P11GT seems to hold reasonable power, far more than the 150hp they had a stock anyway.

vss irvine

ive had a good look about the almera forums, and i do have a couple of lsd fwd boxes, but if they dont last i was looking to upgrade so ill buy one of these and see how it looks.

for what i gather the p11 144 box is strong aswell, but not a stright fit either.

its either that or ill just steal the xtrac from our p10!

Trip

over here we have a couple of GTI's running SR20DET lumps off a pulsar. What they do is stick the diesel gearbox version of the Sunny but they grumble about having very long ratio's

vss irvine

yeah not much good for the tight roads we have up here evan,

ill just build up a stock of sunny gti boxes and send them to 'the famous reading cogswapper'.....

red reading

yeah not much good for the tight roads we have up here evan,

ill just build up a stock of sunny gti boxes and send them to 'the famous reading cogswapper'.....
Your latest box is nearly done, the gearshaft's (differant ratio's though) fitted and both viscous lsd'd are good too.

warren1off2010

yes mate i an running a SR20DET, in my sunny sr a lot of people are saying a Primera gt will fit strat on the sr20det engine wil i have to put the primera gt flywheel on to.

vss irvine

looks like ill be coming via reading on the way home then sunshine!! top man,

is the slipper out the big box the same then daniel?

ill drop you a pm next week!

red reading

looks like ill be coming via reading on the way home then sunshine!! top man,

is the slipper out the big box the same then daniel?

ill drop you a pm next week!

I'll check to be 100% but the intial look is that the big box slipper is the same bar one bearing is differant,d shaft fits both too....

The ratio's are differant too you have now got a longer leg 4th and 5th, but 1st to 3rd are the same