what front mount should I go for??

K

krikra

The truth is probably that the HKS is a little bit more efficient than f.x. Forge as I've heard/read that many times..
BUT how much difference are we talking about here?
+ It's more expensive
+ I don't know of anyone making a complete HKS kit including piping and all as other DIY kits offered

The hiteq FMIC uses a HKS type S intercooler core but it's still not a DIY kit. It's intended for them to fit the kit as IAN wrote me in his e-mail

Does anyone know of a complete HKS FMIC kit??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Ross said:
That bit was pretty easy. :p :wink:
I hope your joking ! I lost my temper and most of my knuckles trying to get that one done :(

The only real problem i had fit wise was that the cooler sat an inch lower than where it was supposed to ( probably my fault ). I had to use longer bolts to wind it up, but it also gave me the advantage of bolting on my bumper at the front as well ( which was hanging off :D )

Err no. Did you have the 3 bend in one hose to go round the bottom and up the other side?

I told Forge about the top mounting bolts being too short and they said they'd put some longer ones in. They said it was the first time they'd heard of it, but everyone I'v seen was the same.

celm

were any of your forge guys able to install it with out cutting up your front bumper?????????????

jonesgti_r

If you wanna keep your air con the PACE kit is worth considering. No grinding required and its a piece of pi$$ to fit

J

Jon T

Fast Guy said:
That bit was pretty easy. :p :wink:
You Lie! :wink:

It took me two days too, it says it will take two days in the manual unless I suppose you've done it before.

K

krikra

Funny.. Have just emailed keith today about specs/ pics of the radtec fmic

Sounds all good - please show us some pictures of your new look!

A

AJ4

Fast Guy said:
Err no. Did you have the 3 bend in one hose to go round the bottom and up the other side?
For some insane reason, the last joint I fitted was the one just behind the air con resevoir, couldn't fit it through the gap with the jubilee clip on so i tried to fit the clip after it was joined. Ended up taking my fans off and most of the inlet side pipe in the end... :oops:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I did find it pretty tight by the radiator bottom hose, but I didn't have to take anything else off.

K

krikra

I think I'm down too either HKS/Hiteq or Forge

I've seen a lot of pics of the Froge FMIC but none of the Hiteq.. Anyone with pictures of this??

A

AZ STE

kirikra,
Whats Hiteq quoting for the HKS Kit. Can anyone answer which GTR FM fits the easiest (32,33,34) im also interested in FM but also holding back the best ive seen so far has been Andy Ngs HKS fittted by Ian at Hi teq :wink: its a monster

Davey

what about the trust ic as fitted to mine and antilags cars?
Power gaiins/flow rate hasnt been proven, but my car felt a lot quicker after it was fitted, and daves seems to go pretty well 8)