What else should I order?

ChrisS

Why does having the feed for boost controller give better response when on the housing and by that do you mean ultimately less lag?I've heard people say it before.

I've had a quote for a 3" downpipe back system with 2 silencers for £365 at Ascar in Shefifeld but the problem is they cannot guarentee finishing it on a aturday as they only work a half day and I cannot get time off at the moment.Will probably end up leaving it there over a weekend and collecting monday but I don't really like to do this with places I don't know.

The innovate is whe Ed at Fusion fitted it, due to space constraints.I guess I can canle tie it to the strut brace which would nearly double its distance from the dizzy.
Its down to how quickly the boost controller can react. I was getting boost spikes (3071r with the larger turbine, full 3inch downpipe ect) and basically the controller seemed to be struggling to keep up with the response from the turbo. Moved the feed to right off the turbo and improved things although i did eventually change controller from a HKS evc to a Greddy profec E-01 which was a much better controller.

skiddusmarkus

OK I see, I don't really want to be tapping into the turbo itself as I don't have a kit for doing it and its not something I'd use very often.I have a Greddy E-01 too, its often overlooked I think and am really happy with mine, although the solenoid is too noisy where it is so is getting some sound proofing when I get round to it.

I forgot to mention I already have a Forge 1.2 bar actuator so shouldn't have any worries there.The rod is a bit long but I'll just introduce it to mr.angle grinder.

skiddusmarkus

Have had the rest of the system made up in 3" today and ended up having 3 boxes fitted to try and get the noise down.I was originally going to have 2 but it was even louder than with the mongoose with just those so had an extra one added which made it a bit quieter on tickover than before and a lot quieter while driving about and its not boomy any more on the motorway.
Its also improved response from the turbo quite a lot, is coming on boost sooner and thats just normal driving as not giving it beans yet as had the gearbox recently rebuilt.

BTW I had to chop the Forge actuator rod down about 1/4" and space it away from the turbo dynamics supplied wastegate bracket using a couple of nuts as that was the only way I could get the wastegate to be tightly shut as when the wastegate was flush up to the bracket there was a bit of play in the penny.

Last edited: