What does the Manual say about replacing the Fuel Filter?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It says
1)Remove the fuel pump fuse
2)start the engine
3)when it stalls, crank 2 or 3 more times to make sure fuel presure is released.
4)Turn ignition off and replace fuse

Loosen clamps, replace filter.

Be careful not to spill fuel over the engine bay, use a high pressure filter and leak check the lines after replacing.

OZ-Racing

Mr GTiR said:
just out of interest :roll: what would happen if you don't follow this procedure?
Hopefully it only means you get fuel pouring out everywhere, like I had :oops:

You forgot to mention 1a) Extinguish all cigarettes :wink:

hmmm

Followed this procedure today and there was no fuel spillage. Had to block of the pipe that goes to the fuel filter with my thumb though as there was some fuel still in there, but no fuel pressure. :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
just out of interest :roll: what would happen if you don't follow this procedure?
In my case nothing. I got a dribble of fuel that I caught on some pre positioned kitchen roll and that was it.
Just be aware that you could get fuel coming out under pressure is you don't follow the procedure

antgtir

Lol, i followed my own procedure, screw driver, pull hoses off, stick thumb over end of pipe, get sprayed in the eyes with fuel, least it didnt go to waste :lol: , stick pipes back on, fit into carrier and then start the engine, bobs your auntie. :lol:

Think Fast Guys method is the proper one though, although ive not had any prob's with it since and that was months ago :D

Ant.