what could it be??

NU773R

what could it be?? UPDATE!!!!!!!

went for a drive and notices the oil temp and car temp was sky high, as i lifted off i nice big cloud of smoke came pouring out the exhaust :(

when i stopped the engine was very very tappy and after i turned if off it would'nt even turn over :(

any idea's???

cheers

Last edited:
P

pulsarboby

more than likely another spun bearing and seized engine! its rebuild time

snoon

my money is on the head gasket going. If you stopped straight away it might be ok, if not -- get your wallet out cost your looking at a grand or 2!

Fusion Ed

head gasket going causing loss of water then then bores filled up with water and probably hydraulic locked. Ive seen this happen before.

NU773R

cheers for the responce

the smoke was mostly white but had a tiny bit of blue smoke, i noticed today that the clutch peddle is sitting afew inches from the floor

im gonna start ripping it to bits tomorrow

NU773R

been having a good look at it today and i've found out why the clutch peddle has dropped, the felxi hose from the slave cylinder is leaking,

as for the other prob there is NO mayo at all in the engine if the headgasket has gone surlybe mayo in the engine??? i topped her up with water a she turned over and idle was spot on, took her for a drive and it was all fine for about 2 mins lol there is a loud hissing noise from the rear of the engine, could it be something like a hose leaking and the water was leaking onto the flexi of the exhaust and thats why i had loads of white smoke from the exhaust??

please dont shout at my stupid question asking :lol:

snoon

The water hose on the back of the engine has given up due to the H/G going and the system building up pressure.

There was no gunk in my water either.

snoon

I'd still say your H/G has gone. It will have split one or both of the water pipes on the back of engine due to the pressure build up.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I had a similar think in a Pintara - the engine let go on the motorway. I thought that it might be ok after nursing it home, changing the oil, changing the coolant... put a bit of stop leak in.
For a while they both looked fine (the car was seriously down on power, and I knew it was fruxored by the white smoke of steam in my exhaust).

One day it all turned to choc-milk in the engine, and I knew that no ammount of additives were going to save it.

Put a new gasket in quick, and stop the head from warping!