what colour.

Murff93GTiR

Ok so ive taken a rather long break away from my build cause of weather and familly commitments.but its gettin about time to start again.my shell iw going away to get new rear arches put in it and painted.problem is i dont know what colour to paint it.at the moment its bayside blue but tbh ive went off the colour.im looking for a colour that stands out but isnt ridiculous.what are peoples opinions?pics would be helpful too.

cheers
scott

vss irvine

ive always liked silver/grey on the cars.

white seems to be the in colour.

always wondered what the alfa colour that looks a bit like shiney grey primer would look like.

P

pulsarboby

bayside blue is so last season lol

for resale purposes you would be far better to stick to stock colours (not red as it fades) but the silver does look good on them

danr

porsche macadamia metallic, why the hell not!!!? lol although i think citroen have hijacked it nowadays :_(
think purple is a bit showy, but if you like try ford aubergine pearl, old RS colour (and used on the recent refitted jag on TG).
sonic blue - bit old too..
Mitsubishi do some nice paints for their old GTO, Eclipse, FTO etc. Symphony Silver, Scotia white, Yorkshire Cream lol
TVR paint, some is available cheaply as now a standard colour,

Murff93GTiR

Some good opinions commin here guys.but must point out that i point black refuse to use flips or anythin like that as i just dont like them.maybe frozen white would look good?

bob i hear what your saying for resale value but tbh ive no intention of ever selling the car so im looking for something unique for me lol

danr

if you like solids do some homework on OLD yank Ford, Cadiallac etc. colours. Some odd different stuff there ;_)

P

pulsarboby

in that case dan mentioned the tvr colours and heres a pic of my red cerb.....i bought the car as i love that cherry apple type red colour, looks good on the R too

Last edited by a moderator:

Murff93GTiR

Bob you may very well have nailed that there.thats def going in the selection.looks good with black too which is what colour all the trims and wheels will be.do you have a paint code for that?

P

pulsarboby

il get the code for you this week as cars in my garage at home all tucked up for winter, if i get a chance il have a look tonight when im back.
it really is a gorgeous colour

heres another one of it from different angle

Last edited by a moderator:

Murff93GTiR

Well providing it doesnt cost a mortgage to get the paint i think thats my colour.got a old wing ill sample it on once i get the paint code :).

KieranEG6

I have just bought my first GTiR in what i think is the Ford RS blue. Im still yet to decide if its going to stay that colour or go back to a standard one. Will have more idea once i get a decent set of wheels on it. And some better grills. A But i dont think it looks too bad. Just so you can see what they look like in a bold blue. That candy apple red does look lush though.

Murff93GTiR

That blue is very similar to bayside and ive really went off the colour.ive never seen an R the same colour as bobs cerb which is making it all the more appealing.yeh i would defo get new grills and wheels.will set it off.ive got a nice set of compomotive mo6 wheels which will go black once the cars painted.

KieranEG6

That blue is very similar to bayside and ive really went off the colour.ive never seen an R the same colour as bobs cerb which is making it all the more appealing.yeh i would defo get new grills and wheels.will set it off.ive got a nice set of compomotive mo6 wheels which will go black once the cars painted.
Yeah im hoping it will look ok once I get everything else sorted. Im actualy in the process of buying a set of Team Dynamics PR 1.2 16" in black off a guy called Tim on here. Iv always liked them, recon the Black will suit the blue and I know they fit over the willwood 310mm setup witch I'll be looking at getting. Cheers for the offer might get in contact if these other wheels fall through. Yeah I would agree that red would look real good. Im a standard man myself so mine might just end up back to black. lol