what clutch

R

r5ben

whats the best clutch for the gtir i do loads of road driving but will be running 1 bar soon so i need a uprated clutch but witch one ? how much sound i be paying and where from ?

cheers

geetee

most peeps seem to go for the Helix or AP Organic clutches - running that kind of boost.

Cheers GeeTee

J

J-GTi-R

I prefer the Helix, it's lighter in traffic (although a bit springy) and a few people have had problems with the new AP kit (uses an Exedy cover, so go figure... :lol: )

try Mardigras Motorsport http://www.mardigras.co.uk/, and expect to pay around £300-320.

S

srbpower

If all goes well there will be only one you'll want :wink: 8)

Si :)

geetee

yeah...

and if all went well u'd have contacted me as a trial for ur 'new' clutch.

but i guess it made more sense to get someone prepared to fit it themselves eh!

oh well
guess it's only business for u guys
Cheers anyway

S

srbpower

Gee sorry mate we had to change, we got let down on costs. :cry: £550+vat :shock: we are sorry but that is loads more than was orginally thought it would be and told it would be :cry:

Si :)

geetee

S'ok Si I wasn't having a go.... I saw you had a few probs :)

Any news on how the clutch is working out yet??

I'm just about to shell out for a Helix.... but....

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

S

srbpower

lionel said:
wellllllllll dudes the clutch is in and the R is running ( it runny just f***ing miss fire) any way the clucth is f***ing s**t hot im relly happy with it.

as the clutch is so new it tacking time to get used to it but it still very good , the clutch dont like traffic much , but the best part is when ur changing gear as the respons on the change is f*** sweet it fills like a paddle as the clamping fours is so hard , and you can feel it pull so well

alround a very good clutch and if anyone wants a new clucth get this one

il report back at the end of the week.
Our plan is to hang fire until there's more feedback but if you want to try one of these as well then we won't stop you :D We've no reason to doubt the kits, just being cautious as I' sure you can imagine.

Dan