what clutch??????

A

Anonymous

hey,

I'm getting an organic clutch, whats the best???

Here are my choices so far EXEDY, AP, HELIX.

Anyone know the max torque levels for these clutches????

Cheers kev.

A

Anonymous

the problem with the AP is its maximum torque levels, the helix is alot higher and should handle 300+ no bother.

GINGA

the problem with the AP is its maximum torque levels,
Ignore the max levels stated by ap its just them being very conservative to cover there arses :wink: my ap organic is rated at 280bhp but is 18months old seen alot of action :shock: and still holds over 400bhp and 360lbsft of torque :lol:

Davey

i had my ap fitted last week, so i cant comment on the reliabilty, but as for driving it, it hardly feels any heavier than standard (if at all), the only thing is you'll have to get used to it biting differently, it doesnt slip as much when you pull away, but it doesnt take long to get used to. :wink:

A

antilag

i have an ap organic done around 1500 miles and 50+ launches and it felt fine never slipped once but having taken the engine out ect ive noticed the plate is pretty fooked and probably would have not lasted much longer but then wat can u expect if u treat the car hard

also i think ginga's clutch is the old ap? which i thought were made better and slightly stronger? could b wrong

D

DodgeT

i asked the question about the torque levels quoted for the AP cause i think they state 284 lbs/ft

at least 3 different tuners told me that AP usually state about 30% on the conservative side, just to cover there own backs, the figure is probably nearer to 350lbs/ft that it will safely handle.

A

antilag

lol yeh that would b the one i was gonna order tomorow but doesnt sound to good tho :cry:

A

Anonymous

Whitey said:
EXEDY :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
AP :D :D :D :D
HELIX :D :D :D :D
they say a picture is worth a thousand words.see my picture above :wink:

edd,you were right and i was a prick for not listening :cry:

turblio

Have a helix in mine holds boost up to 1.8bar actually designed by Terry
at Helix for our cars in conjunction with me :)
Frank

E

Edd

oap-r said:
I know i speak a lot of bollocks but i did warn you not to use them and there clutches :oops: :roll: :twisted:

At least we both have a job to warn the world about these people :x :evil:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
oap-r said:
I know i speak a lot of bollocks but i did warn you not to use them and there clutches :oops: :roll: :twisted:

At least we both have a job to warn the world about these people :x :evil:
and the money grabbing tuners that are selling agents for them :wink: :twisted:

all our own opinions of course and not on the open forum :wink:

and you do talk a lot of bollox :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

so whats up with the exedy then???? Do you know exedy makes helix (what i heard)

E

Edd

Whitey said:
so whats up with the exedy then???? Do you know exedy makes helix (what i heard)
exedy make the covers, helix and both AP make there own friction plates.

I have nothing against exedy or should i say daikin covers, however have had 2 friction plates fail due to exedy supplying the UK with the wrong clutch kits :x
I have the compensation letter and checques to prove it before anyone says im being slanderous :roll:

HOWEVER this was apparently a faulty batch of wrong part numbers they had incorrectly cross matched to clutch kits in the USA, and that the "normal" gtir clutch kit is fine :roll:

If the exedy clutch kit has made in USA written on it then return it, if it's made it Japan it should :roll: be ok :wink:

although after having 2 break i would never buy another

i think mr spence might have a comment or two to say about them aswell :wink:

A

Anonymous

Whitey said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: if you`d like to learn of a couple of horror stories re exedy,feel free to pm either edd or myself.if you are close to dundee you can even see the proof for yourself :cry:

whatever you do,do not spend money on exedy products without at least speaking to us 1st :wink: