what clutch/clutch kit

JIMMYBACK

i need one for my r so it can handle between 350-400bhp without that nasty on off feel of a paddle. any ideas...........ive been told i can use a paddle clutch n just change the pressure plate....is that true any help would be appericated :D

GINGA

Well your not asking much are you lol what you really want is a sprung centred orgainc clutch that can handle 400bhp :shock: think you can get organic plates for a os giken clutch so that would probaly be your best bet or just chance your luck that either a ap or helix orgainc clutch will hold :wink:

GINGA

thats sounds expensive
Your ears would be right to lol
the only other option would be a custom jobbie from someone like Ap or helix but thats likely to be a tad heavy on the left foot lol

JIMMYBACK

GINGA said:
thats sounds expensive
Your ears would be right to lol
the only other option would be a custom jobbie from someone like Ap or helix but thats likely to be a tad heavy on the left foot lol
i dont mind heavy i just hate that awlful on off feel like mattygitr got in his pulsar :D i hate it i hate i hate it :x :x :x

gtir303

MINES GOT AN OS GILKEN IN IT AND TO BE FAIR AFTER A WHILE U GET USED TO IT AND U LEARN TO CONTROL IT LIKE A NORMAL CLUTCH

Mr GTiR

i've just ordered a custom organic from Helix. he's spec'd the clutch for 450 lbs of torque and cost £397 delivered.

It's got different springs and pressure plate to handle big power :D

let me know if you want some pic's of it. I should get it Monday or Tuesday 8)

JIMMYBACK

Mr GTiR said:
i've just ordered a custom organic from Helix. he's spec'd the clutch for 450 lbs of torque and cost £397 delivered.

let me know if you want some pic's of it. I should get it Monday or Tuesday 8)
piccys piccy piccys please :D

B

beast14

I've just installed a ACT 6pock Copper Clutch and an Xtreme P/Plate. I should be picking my car today from the mechanic, so I'll let you know how it goes...

K

krikra

Mr GTiR said:

8)
Sounds good :shock:

If you can have a organic clutch spec'd for 450 lbs which is also much more driveable - Then what do we need the paddle for?

A

Anonymous

krikra said:
If you can have a organic clutch spec'd for 450 lbs which is also much more driveable - Then what do we need the paddle for?
cause you`ll probably find that you can`t afford to slip the organic clutch as you`ll just burn out the plates very quickly.no matter if you have a paddle or organic clutch that can take 450lb/ft,you`ll still be rebuilding the plates on a regular basis.

JIMMYBACK

oap-r said:
krikra said:
cause you`ll probably find that you can`t afford to slip the organic clutch as you`ll just burn out the plates very quickly.no matter if you have a paddle or organic clutch that can take 450lb/ft,you`ll still be rebuilding the plates on a regular basis.
?????? help :x iwant something that will take a beatin but not need to b changed every five mins

A

Anonymous

jimmybackb said:
?????? help :x iwant something that will take a beatin but not need to b changed every five mins
not much can be done about it i`m afraid,you either get the torque capacity and regular rebuilds or you get longevity but low torque capacity.
the twin plate organic from superclutch appears to be very good but if you try and slip the clutch on a regular basis,it will fry the plates.the plates are very cheap,£75 iirc,but it`s getting at them that costs.

JIMMYBACK

oap-r said:
jimmybackb said:
not much can be done about it i`m afraid,you either get the torque capacity and regular rebuilds or you get longevity but low torque capacity.
the twin plate organic from superclutch appears to be very good but if you try and slip the clutch on a regular basis,it will fry the plates.the plates are very cheap,£75 iirc,but it`s getting at them that costs.
o wot to do then :oops:

GINGA

I've done all my dragging on a organic clutch and slip the clutch hard to launch it and the clutch has been fine :wink: as long as if/when the clutch does start to slip through excess heat build up you don't continue to slip it so building up excess heat in it it should be fine :wink:
I also believe that a organic clutch is much kinder on the gearbox/drive train etc as it has a bit of give in it rather than the much harder take up of a paddle which puts alot of strain on the gears,diifs, driveshafts etc

JIMMYBACK

GINGA said:
I've done all my dragging on a organic clutch and slip the clutch hard to launch it and the clutch has been fine :wink: as long as if/when the clutch does start to slip through excess heat build up you don't continue to slip it so building up excess heat in it it should be fine :wink:
I also believe that a organic clutch is much kinder on the gearbox/drive train etc as it has a bit of give in it rather than the much harder take up of a paddle which puts alot of strain on the gears,diifs, driveshafts etc
can u tell me a good clutch to buy then :D

A

Anonymous

jimmybackb said:
GINGA said:
can u tell me a good clutch to buy then :D
if ginga has an organic clutch that will cope with up to 450lb\ft and a lot of deliberate clutch slipping,then that is def the 1 to go for.

Mr GTiR

I have just spoken to Helix and they are waiting for parts before they can send my clutch out. I have been told that it should be with me in the next few days.

Once i get it i'll post up pic's of this *custom* clutch that will take 400/450 lb/ft.

Andy