Weighed my car again today.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
It weighed in at 1220kg with 1/4 of a tank of fuel. Not sure how I've lost 30kg since I last weighed it unless it had well over 1/2 a tank of fue. I know fitting the mongoose saved me 13kg, but the Forge front mount took a little of that back. (Still got my aircon to get rid off :wink:)

RB, the Gtir formally known as Dakar. :D

Keira

not alot :(

It certainly isn't the 40kg that often gets quoted, the heaviest bit is the bracket for the pump, its a f*cking great chunk of metal, looks like something off a steam train :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Aircon is 24.5kg going by sirnixalots figures.
My rear shelf plus speakers is about 7kg
Front seats could be replaced with buckets.
Perspex windows,
Lighter wheels,tyres, engine pulleys, carbon bonnet, titanium whatever,
the list is almost endless if you have the money.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
kieron said:
If you've got a missus remove her from the passenger seat...

Does wonders for mine :lol:
Does wonders for my hearing too.
They can only scream so often :evil:

C

caz

If U remove the missus, you can remove the passanger seat. Then you can remove the door card, coz their the only ones who used for anything :lol:

M

Mulisha

Everything inside can be removed. All I have in my car is a drivers seat and a gauge cluster. No dash, nothing. (I had to put the heater back in for winter). Remove the reinforced bumpers front and back, splash gaurds, windshield washer bottle, windshield wipers, Carpet, sun visors, door cards, speakers, everything. Im in the process of getting extra doors so I can remove the reinforcements out of them. Oh and the rear wiper motor can go also.

coxie

how much difference would i notice if i took back seats,parcel shelf,rear cards,seat belts etc,etc . :D

skiddusmarkus

Not that much as they don't weigh a lot.Maybe a 1/10 or so off you're 0-60.You'd notice a massive difference in noise thugh,just from taking back seats out.

coxie

will it make a lot of difference to how it handles then with there being less weight :!:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I guess if you took enough weight out it would make a noticeable difference. You'd need to try and keep the weight balance of the standard car or you might upset things tho. Reducing unsprung weight would make the biggest difference to handling.

M

Mulisha

I haven't weighed my car yet. Haven't found a place to do it. It handles great. I can notice the pick up is noticeable better. I read somewhere that every 100 lbs you remove you gain 10th a second. So 500lbs = 1/2 second. I don't need my creature habits when I drive. Besides the Honda clan out here thinks that when you are lined up at a light and the other person doesnt race you and you happened to beat him to the light you won. Thats what happened to me. Now its on.

A

Anonymous

My road rally project is a Nova Saloon with the 2.0 8v 130bhp Cavalier SRi lump. It weighs 800kg. Thats stripped out a bit, and its fun, but I bought the R cos you can have 350bhp with aircon and a 12" sub :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I weighed it again today. With me in it is was 1280kg and without me in it it was 1210kg.

So she's lost 30kg since I got her and I haven't taken anything off it. In fact it's gained 3 strut braces. :shock:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The wheels were about 1kg a corner lighter than before. The coilovers were also about 1kg a corner lighter, the mongoose saved me 13kg, I think I might have lost a kg or two. Front mount was about break even I think. Maybe the rest is petrol, but it was around 1/4 of a tank each time I weighed it. :?