Water Temperature Gauge - where to connect????

B

beast14

Where do you connect the line in the engine bay??........by the thermostat housing??.........if so, how???........any pics would be great!.....thanks...

geoff pine

just fitted a mechanical water temp gauge as standard one was hitting the stops but oil temp was fine and no signs of over heating fans were not on all the time and no boiling over. t in to top hose with the fitting kit between rad and engine its working fine . :lol: still thinking were to wire in the electric feed for the back light :? might use the electric ariel feed on the radio as r s dont have electric ariels and the standard gauge can stay were it is for now .as aplumber this was the easy option for me if its got water in it i can usualy deal with it

B

beast14

don't quite follow you...............which "top hose" are you referring to??

D

Dee 1

goeff pine said:
just fitted a mechanical water temp gauge as standard one was hitting the stops but oil temp was fine and no signs of over heating fans were not on all the time and no boiling over. t in to top hose with the fitting kit between rad and engine its working fine . :lol: still thinking were to wire in the electric feed for the back light :? might use the electric ariel feed on the radio as r s dont have electric ariels and the standard gauge can stay were it is for now .as aplumber this was the easy option for me if its got water in it i can usualy deal with it
For the back light you want to connect into the sidelights to the rear lights as they run down the side of the door trim :)

geoff pine

cheers for that m8 more pressing prob fluid is driping from clutch cylinder the one at the back of the peddle has just started as wasnt there acouple of days a go clutch is not that old its due aservice and mot so will get it book in for that and get my clutcth sorted at the same time

geoff pine

beast 14 if its mechanical it should come witha thin cable with brass sensor on the end this is screwed in to the hose adapter then spliced in to the top hose if it is mechanical the sensor has to be in moving water to function properly . should be two wires for the back light earth and live feed did you get ahose adapter when you brought your dial dont know if you can do it any other way