• Excellent for short power bursts (i.e. typical road use) •

and disadvantages

Heavier
• More complex
• More expensive
• Heat exchangers harder to source

I'm going to upgrading from the standard IC at the moment
And I'm Researching my options

would the RS suburbu IC work with 1 bar boost?
as anyone had any experience with Water/Air IC?

Timbo

S

Sirnixalot

They are only really beneficial in drag racing because you can dump ice and ice water in the resivuar. This will SIGNIFICANTLY drop intake temps but for a daily driven car thats raced every weekend or so...an air to air is better. Once there is no air flow through the heat exchanger to cool the water flowing through the system then the water retains the heat from the last run and heats up the air flowing into the engine when you are sitting in traffic or at a stop.

R

Rab

Try driving around the city with one....

I had a water/air intercooler on RST no.2, and it was fine on the M8 at 70mph, but as soon as I slowed down in traffic, or went into town the thing heated up like mad! Had to switch off at traffic lights cos it used to o/heat the car.. but then it was a ford.....

Keira

I had nothing but grief with the charge cooler on my old car, pump kept f*cking up, hoses kept leaking, personnaly wouldn't have another one.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
My chargecooler was fine on my last car. It was only a small one, but I'd say it (complete kit) weighed about the same as the intercooler. Idealy you could use one in combination with an intercooler.