Washer switch or relay?

Richard_Sideways

Put the old girl through MOT today, failed on one thing, neither the front or rear washer was working (just about the only thing I didn't check on :roll:).

No noise at all on operation of either, no pump noise, no relay noise, Could be the swithes but for both to fail at the same time is a bit weird. Anyone got any thoughts on what the root cause is?
Fuses all checked and are ok, so I suspected the relay, but I'm being thick and can't locate it? Can someone point out where it is.

Animaldaz

Had a similar problem and it was both pumps siezed. That was after the car had been off the road a while with water in the bottle.

Richard_Sideways

Ah-ha same situation with mine - been off the road for a good while with water in the bottle...
Will see if the pumps are seized.

geoff pine

Put the old girl through MOT today, failed on one thing, neither the front or rear washer was working (just about the only thing I didn't check on :roll:).

No noise at all on operation of either, no pump noise, no relay noise, Could be the switches but for both to fail at the same time is a bit weird. Anyone got any thoughts on what the root cause is?
Fuses all checked and are ok, so I suspected the relay, but I'm being thick and can't locate it? Can someone point out where it is.
ITs more likely that the pumps are just getting past their useful life mine failed its last mot because the fluid on both sides of the front screen wash did not come far enought up the windscreen.As there was no rear wiper fitted they just swopped the pipes over as its all in the boot. Might be easyer just to put alive and earth to the pumps to see if they are still working? swopping the pumps mybe easyer than playing with the wiring and relays