wanted quaife gearbox

P

Pete

hi there posting on behalf of a mate wanting a quaife gearbox with proof it is and px with a standard box and can collect please dont pm me with offers just post here thanks with prices and where you are 8) :-D

astarozna

Have a straight cut box Not sure whose make is it(was told old quaife). Was looking 1500 for it(just the internals with the strengthened forks) +posting about £60.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
And its £3200 new Pete...

Its not the usual pish... All parts have been replaced unlike most and i believe its using a billet selector fork.

Also note that its un-used and never been fitted!

Back when i got the Quaife it was £3200 from Hiteq as i had all parts replaced.

Rishi

P

Pete

didnt say it was rishi but REMEMBER its not me whos after it :roll: :roll: :shock: :der: :lol:

Rishi

I never said you did mate..;-)

I was just making some points for anyone else who reads the thread thinking you get a Quaife for a Fiver and a packet of Crisps.. :shock:

Rishi

P

Pete

oh trust me thats a good price for it but the guy
whos after it is a tight a**e :lol: :lol: :lol:

GTiR_Mic

Well for the money you told me he was looking to pay he would strugle to get one for that in good condition. He may pick up a fooked one for that but then you have the repair bill.

Mic

seasider R

I know somebody who managed to get 20% off the price of a (new) quaife gear set,then got it built up with new parts etc,all for £2200!!!!!!!!!! So why would anyone wanna spend 2.7k???????????

zxczxc

isnt their pulsars for sale on autotrader for around 4-5k with quaife gearboxs?

probably betterto by one swap your box with that one and sell the car back on for around 1 k less

makes sense really

thats what i'd do anyway

zxczxc

probably betterto by one swap your box with that one and sell the car back on for around 1 k less

makes sense really

thats what i'd do anyway

Rishi

seasider R said:
I know somebody who managed to get 20% off the price of a (new) quaife gear set,then got it built up with new parts etc,all for £2200!!!!!!!!!! So why would anyone wanna spend 2.7k???????????

The Quaife gearset alone is £2000. Let alone the other £500 worth of parts from Nissan and then the rebuild cost and a few other things.

Rishi

Mr GTiR

If the main bearing needs to be replaced then that's nearly £500 alone, then you have the cost of the selector forks, the other bearings, various seals, bork rings....the list goes on. It's a good £1100 in parts alone plus the cost of the gear set and the labour to build and shim up a uprated box!

Then you have the cost of taking out the engine to fit the new "uprated" box.......

IMO, £2700 is cheap for a brand new unused uprated box.

This is not aimed at anyone, just giving my opinion on the subject.

zxczxc said:
Where? Find me one and i'll buy it for the box and flog the car one. If you do find me one make sure the box is not fooked! Just because it's got a Quaife box in it, it does not mean the box is in good condition.....

Last edited:

seasider R

RishiGTiR said:
The Quaife gearset alone is £2000. Let alone the other £500 worth of parts from Nissan and then the rebuild cost and a few other things.

Rishi
So why does everyone say a gear set cost £1700??????.......minus20%-thats less than £1400