Wahaay...'Little Bandit' finally stays in the rollers!!!

Dragmera

Well, gotta hand it to the DASTEK rolling road as they were finally able to measure the car's power & torque.

Now I hope you are sitting down...

It made 361 BHP @ 6500 rpm & 309 lbft @ 6000 rpm at just...

14 psi...hahahahaha, that has to be a new record for a GT28RS turbo!!!

We then cranked up the boost to 20 psi and made 374 BHP @ 6500 rpm & 324 lbft @ 6000 rpm.

This is the sure sign that the turbo is maxxed out by the looks of things, however it made over 300lbft from 3750 to 6500 rpm...who needs a V8!!!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. Time for a bigger turbo me thinks!

P.P.S. I will get the dyno. graphs up ASAP!

Sweeny

Dragmera said:
It made 361 BHP @ 6500 rpm & 309 lbft @ 6000 rpm at just...

14 psi...hahahahaha, that has to be a new record for a GT28RS turbo!!!
Not quite mate :p

Mine made 362bhp and 363ft-lbs at 17.4 psi on a standard turbo (with 360° bearing) & hks 264 cams.

Your torque figures seem a bit low fella :der: .

Dragmera

Sweeny said:
Not quite mate :p

Mine made 362bhp and 363ft-lbs at 17.4 psi on a standard turbo (with 360° bearing) & hks 264 cams.

Your torque figures seem a bit low fella :der: .
Yip, but I opted for the 0.64 AR housing on my turbo (mainly for response), where as the stock GTiR T28 has a 0.86 AR housing,

As for the torque...the engine is actually running at 9:1 comp. ratio, but I am using a GTiR Mines ECU which you all know is designed for the 8.3:1 comp. ratio.

In order to stay on the safe side, I set the timing at 10 degrees BTDC, which is quite a lot of retard from the standard setting.

I think this is why it is lacking in the torque department down low.

Anyways, here are the graphs as promised guys...sorry about the size!!!

Cheers

Dave

GTiR_Mic

Alright Dave, how are you doing?

Nice set of results you have there mate, need to get a bigger turbo on that little thing (GT3071R)

You still need to take me out in it when I come back down, least you could do since I took you out in the R :lol: :lol:

Mic

Dragmera

Fast Guy said:
What power did you do this run with?

That run was done before the exhaust system was modified and on low boost (14psi).

So probably less than the 361 HP measured the other day.

I still had serious traction issues though, as it practically span through all of 1st & 2nd gear.

Since the exhaust has been modified, it has just made traction issues worse, hence the slower times yesterday at Crail.

GTiR_Mic said:
Dave, what happend to you at TOTB, heard you went down but didn't run?
I had an invite entry from Chris Mann (the TOTB organiser) for the event, but I decided to leave it till next year, as I want o get the traction issue sorted out first.

Unfortunately I just don't have the money to throw at it like I did a ferw years ago...pah, the responsibilities of being an adult eh?

Cheers

Dave

Dragmera

GTiR_Mic said:
Just convert it to 4wd mate, should help you a bit more and will keep Rayn busy :lol:

Mic
Nah, that would be cheating, and I would be in a different league then...i.e. Andy Forrest, Keith Cowie, Simon Norris etc.

Dragmera

Fast Guy said:
What tyres are you using? LSD?
BFG drag radials...215/60/14

NISMO LSD (90% lock-up)

I think the fault lies with a number of factors....

1. The front suspension isn't good.
2. The tyres arean't big enough for the power output.
3. Crail's surface really is that poor!!!

GTiR_Mic

I will agree that Crail's surface is really really poor for a 1/4 mile drag strip.

Get a set of 15's onto the car, that might help a bit.

Can you not adapt coilovers for the front of the Micra or can Leda not sore you out with somthing?

Mic