USA Gti-R owner. Hunting down spare trannys. need info.

G

GTi-R done

Ok so i found a shop that has a bunch of AWD trannys. But they dont know the difference between the BlueBird and GTi-R tranny. Is there a difference?? is there any part numbers printed on them?? how can i tell? need spares, about to run more power.

thanks gents

J

jpward

GTi-R done said:
Ok so i found a shop that has a bunch of AWD trannys. But they dont know the difference between the BlueBird and GTi-R tranny. Is there a difference?? is there any part numbers printed on them?? how can i tell? need spares, about to run more power.

thanks gents
Do a search on Quaife boxes on here if your going more power it would be a better place to start and 1 or 2 for sale in the for sale section ;-)

J

jpward

djdoc360 said:
wow a US gtir owner? how did you get a gtir therer are you military?
You must not get out much down there :lol:

Theres a heap of them in America and also GTIR engined cars ;-)

G

GTi-R done

I have been looking into quaifes. Im more worried about the gearset and just in case anything else goes wrong like a cracked case. Better to have them laying around than to be screwed. So how do you tell the difference??

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Gears in the Quaife are slightly thicker and straighter cut..

Gears are easily available from Quaife..

Rishi

G

GTi-R done

I know quaife is the way to go, and at one point i will. just over here in the states there are a bunch of stock trannies that are just laying around peoples garages that they have no use for. I'd be gladly to pick them up for cheap. I just need to know any distinguishing marks to tell between a Bluebird and a gti-r tranny? part numbers oin case or anything???

rossdj1983

RishiGTiR said:
Gears in the Quaife are slightly thicker and straighter cut..

Gears are easily available from Quaife..

Rishi
have you seen the waiting list for a gearset mate- looking at 2 months minimum.

ps i got one for sale mate