Urgent Parts Needed for M.O.T.

Matt Evans

Hi all, here's a list of the parts I need to get my beloved 'R' through its M.O.T.

Rear passenger side brake caliper (possibly drivers rear too), must be in perfect working order.

Mongoose downpipe, with flexy and rest of pipe 100% intact. (NO LONGER NEEDED!)

And also, the front brake disc dirt/dust guards. These are the round metal plates that are bolted on behind the front brake discs to protect them from debris and stuff (I think :S). These also must be in very very good condition.

Anyone wanting to sell these parts, please PM me as soon as poss.

Thanks all. :)

Last edited:
O

Odin

The dust guards are not part of the M.O.T because mine would of never gone through all these years otherwise.

Rob

Matt Evans

Thanks pulsarboy, but i'm sorted for discs. Just out ot curiosity though, what discs are they? The problem I've got with the dust guards is that, their in such bad shape, their fouling my discs, so if I can get hold of a desent set, I'm gonna put them on.

P

pulsarboby

they were only standard discs.
as robbie says the guards are not part of an mot, i had to remove mine when i fitted bigger discs, and they do absolutely nowt so i would remove them if i were you

Matt Evans

Ok folks, I've just spoke to the guy who MOT'd my car, and he said that technically, I should put dust guards back on the brakes, so if anyone has a pair of these laying around in good conditon, I'm still looking for some.

Also, I still need a flexy for my mongoose zorst.

Mr GTiR

Matt Evans said:
Ok folks, I've just spoke to the guy who MOT'd my car, and he said that technically, I should put dust guards back on the brakes, so if anyone has a pair of these laying around in good conditon, I'm still looking for some.
I have some but won't be able to take tehm off till Sunday.

P

pulsarboby

he be talking out his hairy buttocks! what a load of cobblers

Matt Evans

He said that, because there was a set already on there, a set should really go back on. I think I'll get them just so things don't get complicated with him. There are a few things that he's mentioned that he hasn't picked me up on, so I don't want to give him any reason to start getting awkward with me. Besides, I can't see them costing much anyway.