Urgent(ish) Wiring help for Powerfc boost solenoid ?

A

AJ4

Hey guys,

There was a post a little while ago about english wiring instructions for the Apexi PowerFC Boost control solenoid kit. Just got my solenoid and its all in Jap and not at all obvious....

Tried a search for the original post, couldn't find it :( Does anyone remember who the author was or the title of the thread ? Or does anyone know a link to an english instruction manual ?

Sorry its a bit urgent, only got one day to get it fitted and set up and remove my profecB :(

Thanks in advance !

Ross 8)

A

AJ4

thanks bud, that was the exact thread I was looking for, nice one ! 8) 8)

A

AJ4

next question...lol... there are two wires on the standard wiring loom for the original solenoid, one is thick and red/black, the other is thin and blue/yellow. The Apexi solenoid has red and black wires. Do you know which wire goes to which ?

Cheers

Ross.

A

AJ4

Come on guys, help me out ! :D

Its a beautiful sunny day, I haven't driven the car for weeks and only have one day to fix it and go for a play. Surely one of the 22 people online at the moment have an AVC-R or Powerfc fitted ?? Please please tell me which way the wires go from the solenoid to the standard harness ?? I would offer the services of my wife as way of thanks, but I'm trying to fit it before she gets home from work and busts me fitting yet another shiny bit on the car that she doesn't know I've bought... ;)

Please please pretty please ? I never normally beg.... :(

Cheers !

Ross.

A

Anonymous

i dont think that it matters which way you wire it up. as a a solonoid works off a pulse. but if i am wrong i'll have to re wire mine...

A

AJ4

I'm guessing the solenoid has a coil, in which case its important to wire it up with the correct polarity. If the pulse is trying to force the pintle in the wrong direction and it can't move then it will burn out the coil... :shock: