Urgent Gearbox Help

B1Ad3

Hey guys,

I run a different gearbox to you in my FWD pulsar however they all function the same.

Ill try and be as discriptive as i can.

When the car is running, clutch fully in ( ive already adjusted the clutch cable to eliminate that problem) gears will not go in. They do not crunch and they do not grind, they just dont go in.

The issue is intermitant and only happens sometimes.

My clutch feels the same as it always has and still functions.

If the car is not running i can put all the gears in fine, with the clutch pressed or depressed however as soon as the car is running, sometimes, the gears will not go in and reverse will grind.

Ive been told the clutch has collapsed and is not fully disengaging however im thinking more along the lines of something like the selector fork in the gearbox however when the car is not running the gears go in fine so ive kinda ruled it out.

If anyone has experienced something like this before or has a suggestion before i rip the box out or start ordering stuff i dont need it will be much appreciated.

Cheers

lakeview

it could be the release bearing or whatever its called as that sound similar to what happened on a subaru i owned and it was the clutch release bearing
rob

stumo

It sounds like a clutch/ clutch cable problem.

Is the cable moving freely, if not then it could be the cable that's frayed etc.

How much play do you have on the pedal, you want about an inch or so of freeplay.

You said the clutch has always felt the same but does it feel "right" ie a solid and smooth or does it feel mushy?

If it feels mushy then it could be the pressure plate that's on it's last legs.

B1Ad3

stumo said:
It sounds like a clutch/ clutch cable problem.

Is the cable moving freely, if not then it could be the cable that's frayed etc.

How much play do you have on the pedal, you want about an inch or so of freeplay.

You said the clutch has always felt the same but does it feel "right" ie a solid and smooth or does it feel mushy?

If it feels mushy then it could be the pressure plate that's on it's last legs.
The clutch feels fine.

The cable was changed to a new one only last week and i adjusted it properly and readjusted it just yesterday to illiminate it as an issue.

The problem still stands with when the car is off the gears go in nicely and sometimes go in when the car is running, however sometimes they just dont go in.

Ive checked the selector fork that goes from the shifter to the box and i see no bends of anything in it, looks fine.