UPRATED MASTER CYLINDER??

Y

YODI

Does anyone make one, or a reseal kit??

Nissans want £183+ VAT :roll: :roll: :roll:

Cheers

Y

YODI

yes mate thats for a new one, do they do a kit then??

Cheers, Yodi

Y

YODI

hi Rob,

do you have any idea what it cost you or you dont happen to have the part number do you??

Many thanks, Yodi

geetee

Try pm'ing gtir_no_163 on here. He gets Nissan parts / spares at trade price.

Never bought from him - but I'm sure others have :)

Cheers
GeeTee

ian c

master cyl

Yodi - i assume you mean clutch master cylinder?

kits are available for both the clutch master cyl (£15) and slave cyl(£5). I have parts numbers at work - drop me a mail tomorrow on ian.colligan@ntc-europe.co.uk

if you mean brake master cyl - then i'm not sure about seal kit - but i'd say yes!

Ian C

E

Edd

dont waste your time with seal kits :shock:

i presume your talking about brake master cylinder

only because i just ordered clutch one...£72.74 + vat

so either it's brake one, OR your nissan dealer is ripping you off

E

Edd

try mike at mjp auto

£74 plus vat so if you need one buy a new one dont waste money on seal kits and dont trust your rip off nissan dealer :x

ian c

seal kits

EDD - whats your beef with seal kits?
it's the seals that ware and as long as the bore isn't marked - a new seal kit is as good as new cylinder.........all the lads i've changed clutches for have had new seal kits throughout and says it transformed feel - no probs so far!
but i suppose if you've nothing better to waste money on than your car - go for it.

J

J-GTi-R

From my past experience with seal kits, I have found that if I didn't hone the cylinder bores first, then the seal kit would leak again within weeks.

J

jasegould

From my past experience with seal kits, I have found that if I didn't hone the cylinder bores first, then the seal kit would leak again within weeks.
I agree. waste of time replacing the seals, youll only end up having to replace the whole lot eventually....thats from 9 years experience as a tech :wink:

E

Edd

Re: seal kits

ian c said:
but i suppose if you've nothing better to waste money on than your car - go for it.
yeh nice attitude to have there :roll:

in my experience seals go for a reason, like J said the bore is usually marked or the piston is damaged.
Also the fact YODI runs an OS GIken twin plate clutch which puts more strain on the seals than a std clutch a seal kit is NOT the best option. He is better off buying a new cylinder as he doesnt want the seals popping in a week or so once he's changed them.
also i'm speaking from experience as i changed just the seals (nothing wrong to be on safe side) and they went eventually - but i'm sure you'll say it's down to the fitter :wink:

Bit cynical saying it's a waste of money, a lot of us can't work on our car's as well as you seem to be able to so changing seals etc regularly might not be as easy for some of us and end up costing more in labour than just buying a new cylinder. Like i said before you can buy both master and slave cylinders brand new for just over £100 and if you buy a pulsar you have to realise that they cost money to run, it's not an average run of the mill car.

Y

YODI

Edd I appreciate your help mate, ill be ordering a brand new on this week.

Many thanks