uprated head gaskets

R

r5ben

need a uprated head gasket whats the best for the gtir ?? :roll:

G

gagge

I would go for the HKS one.. depending on how much boost you will be running you can choose from the 1.2mm one or the 2.0mm one. Really high boost ? then go for the 2mm one..

Cheers

antgtir

r5ben,

Have you had your car long? have you got it stripped or summit, from the posts ive seen you make it sounds like you have or going to anyway.

Everyone: Is there a problem with fitting a 2.0mm gasket if you are not going to be running high boost for a while?

Cheers,

Ant. :D

K

KRS

Everyone: Is there a problem with fitting a 2.0mm gasket if you are not going to be running high boost for a while?
Not sure if it would cause you a problem, but with the lower compression you would just lag more before your turbo spins up.

J

J-GTi-R

What ever you do don't do that!! Because the headgaskets are a bigger diameter than the cylinder bores, if you run the 2mm headgasket without special pistons, they can actually fall out of the top of the block and into the gap made by such a think gasket....

...ok so it's Friday and I feel like posting some complete bollox (for a change :lol: :lol: )...

Nah, you'll just get a drop in compression, a slightly slower car off boost and a bit more lag, but you'd probably not even notice it in real terms.

R

r5ben

r5ben,

Have you had your car long? have you got it stripped or summit, from the posts ive seen you make it sounds like you have or going to anyway.

answer :

ive not had the car long about 4 weeks max :shock: ive had most of my old cars in the top car mags and have just sold my last project so ive had some ££ to play with so i put the 17" rims on lowered it and the basics like filter zorst and other bits and bobs :wink:
but this week ive had the week off work and ive been working flat out on the car and have found its smoking abit with a closer look and a engine builder for a mate ive found its a ring thats the prob :cry:
so the work i was going to do over the winter is to be done sooner do to this prob :roll:
thats why i need to know what i need to get ordered b4 the car comes off the road becouse i dont want it to be sat with the engine out waiting for a little part ! that id over looked and not got on order if ya get me ! :wink: and yes the engine was coming out anyway but as i said in the winter ....

anyway

i think ill go for the 1.2mm gasket becouse i will only be going upto 1bar ish of boost :p

cheers for the help lads

G

GAZ P

I'm running with a 2mm HKS gasket and lowish boost 1 to 1.3bar with a full on engine rebuild inc pistons, rods, cams etc but still on a standard turbo with no problems not even any lag.