uprated brakes ebc brembo b diamond

P

prnnts

uprating my brakes...keepin standard calipers..
which discs and pads would be best....

paz

I've got black diamond pads and grooved/drilled discs and would have them again - they're spot on apart from a bit of fade when they're pushed hard for a long long time, but by that point their near enough on fire, so you can guess how much abuse they've taken :lol:

Paz

P

prnnts

only 1 problem..
ive heard that b diamonds drilled discs would snap on high temps.....
is that true

paz

:lol: I've heard that too, but mine have been on the car for ages and are fine :)

Suppose it depends if you get lucky :lol:

Paz

Danny S R

I had some black diamond drilled and grooved and i cracked both discs in half in 3500 miles! :shock: :lol:

Now got brembo 10 groove discs and mintex 1144 pads, works ok but some EBC reds to go on coz they worked real well with the black diamonds, may be what killed em :lol: dont last long though!

D

deslynam

Mintex 1144 or Ferodo DS2500 pads (if they do them for the 'R) are good for fast road.
Pagid Blue are the next best step upward but then you start getting into race pads like those ebc rads.

M

macphegf

Is there much point in using uprated pads with standard discs? I ask as I can't afford a 4 pot kit right now, but don't want to spend £300+ on standard size discs and pads. Was thinking of just getting pads as mine are pretty worn but the discs look ok, then getting the 4 pot kit later in the year.

D

deslynam

Yep, is definitely worth the effort - afterall, those pads quoted above don't cost that much more than standard ones, but do work better. :) 8)

M

Mr Overboooost

for a resonable upgrade which will be cheaper than a set of 4 pots is brembo std size 20 groove discs front and rear with braided hoses ,ebc reds on front and greens on the rear also the brake master cylinder support bracket will be a good idea which you can buy off of here from one of the forum members.
this setup does work well as thats what i used to have before i got the brembo 4 pots.

cheers
gary