Upping the boost

tomble

Hi Everyone,

Update from my running lean post, it seems the problem in the end was the MAF playing up, i have a new one ready to install and fingers crossed i'll have a proper paced R instead of a 204bhp one..:|

Since then, i've been given the option to up the boost slightly (.9 bar), with corrected fueling etc..

The question is, do you think i'de be better off to invest in the fmic i was planning on installing before doing this? Or is the interwarmer upto the job?
Its also my daily driver, and experiences alot of traffic!
I really dont want to damage the engine just by being impatient for extra power!

Cheers

Tom

ChrisS

I used to do loads of driving in traffic with the tmic and it used to drive me mad. You could guarantee that after 20 mins quing and full on heat soak symtoms a scoobie/evo etc would appear at the side of you. Theres not really the cost issue woth a fmic nowadays with the hybrid kits etc about, so you'd be aswell off to get one .

Dooie Pop Pop

you bought a NEW MAF?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

fook me thats expensive :(

did you check the earth voltage on it? the earth only need to degrade a little before it causes problems , usually over rich though :?

iv got 2 sitting in my garage :lol: :wink:

Dooie Pop Pop

:lol: make you right mate :wink:

is this a 'is .9bar safe' question? i' ll go get me flamethrower :lol:

1bar is safe without fueling adjustment as long as your fuel pumps up to it :wink: iirc you cant adjust fueling on the oe ecu anyway unless you have a fuel controller.

hiteq did mine by looping the rubber hose on the boost solonoid, did it so long ago cant remember what they did with the spare end :oops:

you could do it yourself for nothing with a drill :wink: there' s a 'how to' guide in the members section but that' ll cost you £20

who' s doing the work?

stu

O

Odin

Right who's going to take him outside and shoot him in the back of the head :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: .

I thought we'ed seen the back of these stupid question post :shock: :? :roll: .

rob

Dooie Pop Pop

this is the non-members section Rob and as such we will be getting this kind of question repeatedly :wink:

you could show a little kindness seeing as your a mod :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Dooie Pop Pop said:
you could show a little kindness seeing as your a mod :lol: :lol:

Yeah RIGHT!.... Like that'll ever happen!... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rishi

Mark N

Top mount is fine. I've been running 1.2 bar now for nearly 2 years without any problems, standard fuel pump as well. Its nearly winter time now so i wouldn't bother changing the top mount till next year!

tomble

vpulsar:
Right who's going to take him outside and shoot him in the back of the head
Take me outside by all means! no guns allowed though :wink:

Dooie,
The work is being carried out by AP motors, the only localish tuner i know of in devon/cornwall

I think i'll get a walbro, and i may know of an Apexi fuel controller coming up soon :)

Tom

Dooie Pop Pop

tomble said:
vpulsar:
Right who's going to take him outside and shoot him in the back of the head
Take me outside by all means! no guns allowed though :wink:

Dooie,
The work is being carried out by AP motors, the only localish tuner i know of in devon/cornwall

I think i'll get a walbro, and i may know of an Apexi fuel controller coming up soon :)

Tom
just get the walbro mate if your not planning on going over 1 bar. there' s guy on here called Olly (do a search on his name) he lives in the south not too far from you, he can fit the pump and up the boost for you plus he' ll give you an unbiased opinion on how to mod your R :wink: his motors running 1.3bar with a topmount and water injection and has been for aaaages lol

hope that helps

Stu

tomble

Ahhh cheers dooie, that will be really useful!

I dont plan on going over a bar for a long time, not until at least i have the cooling sorted out, and a decent clutch :oops:

Tom