Upgrade or Sell & Replace

O

Odin

If I where you I'd start of your list with a good bl00dy hair cut Jesus my old mucker :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Braveheart

Odin said:
If I where you I'd start of your list with a good bl00dy hair cut Jesus my old mucker :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .
Rob
I'll add that to the bottom of my list Rob. :shock: ;-)
My mother will be please and if I get it cut, I will not scare the nephews as much.... :lol:

Now stop spamin my thread as I need to make headway with this car... :lol: :lol: 8)

P

pulsarboby

you have everything you need scotty!

i would not however fit a lower temp stat or remove it come to that.
but i would link up the fans via a switch, so that you can keep them on permenantly whilst car is being hammered on circuit.
you should also leave them running for around 5 mins when your off circuit, to get things cooler quicker for your next session.
you cant have enough cooling, and its the cause of most cars going bang whilst on the track, so bare that in mind!

the a/f probe i would install at the front of the elbow, so its nice n easy to get to should needs be, thats where mine will be going anyway!

Braveheart

Almost 3 years on and I'm updating this thread.....:oops:
Excuses.... tickled tire wall at Knockhill and dented a few panels... spent 8 months out of the country working plus general life ties.
Anyway, had a chance to work on the car. Cooling, induction, turbo and gauges are more or less fitted, working and done as per listed before.
Martyn was kind enough to help me out with work that required a ramp and expertise. His initial list was rear sub-frame with polybushes and tie rod bushes. That has now increased to front and rear ARB's + bushes and drop links, uprated front wishbones, modena LSD + bearing, 4 point under brace, bumper guard. As I was transporting car, my trailer highlighted it was sick... rust was the main issue. To my delight and hat off to Martyn, he drove over 120mls to recover my car with his low loader. Think Martyn was surprised to see that the car was minus an o/s wing, front bumper and had various other o/s body issues, the main one being my rear quarter. Martyn has offered to cut a rear quarter off a shell he has and sort out my bodywork as well..... holly molly.... I may get this car back on "track" soon. :thumbsup:

vss irvine

yeah i was a bit surprised when i first saw your car! but ive got the spare shell dug out ready to donate its rear quarter, picked up the bearing today for the tranny and just getting sorted out to make a start in the next few days.

ive got stu666v's spare engine to strip for inspection first, then ill be onto your list!

ill give you a call when im starting it,

did you manage to lose the trailer?

Braveheart

did you manage to lose the trailer?
I did.... it was a bit bizzare ... arrived at scrap yard and there was nobody about... was Sunday so was not too surprised, there was a sign and a mobile number so I phoned and said I had a trailer that I would like to gift... "no problem" so as I was un hitching it, some young guy pulled in and asked what I was doing with trailer. Turned out he was prepping a VX Nova as a drag car and wanted a trailer.... He bought it off me for £30. Sent a text to scrappy to say there will not be a trailer as it was sold and he called back all pissed off because I was trading on his grounds... Hmmm.... all in all an interesting day.....:lol:

BTW, I have all the body parts loaded and will drop them off tomorrow.

vss irvine

class! at least you got your diesel money back then!

ok what time you looking at dropping those off? ill be there morning and night time but from lunch until 7pm im on daddy duties!!

Braveheart

class! at least you got your diesel money back then!

ok what time you looking at dropping those off? ill be there morning and night time but from lunch until 7pm im on daddy duties!!
Oh ..... that means I have an early start.... would like to clear the delica of body panels (some of which came from Stu... wow) so that I can retrieve space in my bus and off load other stuff in Fairlie... how does 1030- 1100am sound?

vss irvine

yeah thats fine, worse case you can leave them on the back of the truck till i get back,

drop me a text in the morning, cheers

P

pulsarboby

was that the trailer i bought to scotland for you scotty a few years ago?:oops:

Braveheart

it was indeed Bob.... fe2 took over. the front wheels started sinking through the bed and the tow hitch arm started to sag. I was tempted to turn the sounds up and keep going but thought better of it.

Braveheart

Car has been with Martyn (vss Irvine) for a short time now and is really taking shape. What a transformation! Seemed a sin to fit a pristine, newly furbed sub-frame, tie-rods, arb’s, uprated wishbones and Modena lsd without addressing other items that needed some tlc. As a result, the majority of the running gear was removed, blasted and powder coated or painted. Poly bushes a go-go, new wheel bearings all round, new drop links, new rear callipers. Even the nuts and bolts have either been replaced or re-furbished. I’ve swung by a few times and taken some before and after pics which I’ll post up soon. Once this work’s completed, the bodywork will get addressed. Martyn has a shell that will have the rear quarter cut off and transplanted to replace my fcuked one.

Some fiddling with the suspension geometry then it’s engine management time… need to fit and map to marry up with gt2871r, 660 inj, z32 maf and all the associated induction, exhaust, cooling mods. Have a wideband AFM with 0-5 volts output and 3 bar sensor to marry up to ECU. Looking forward to getting this car back on track!!!

Braveheart

It's all coming together.... the before pics are embarrassing. :oops:
The parts that are going back on the car are very nice, well finished and well fitted. The improvements are mouth watering.
There's a wealth of poly-bushes, up-rated front wishbones, modena LSD, new wheel bearings, new rear callipers, new drop links, new arb’s and a lower front four point brace.
Martyn had to modify the exhaust in order to fit the brace. The AM Performance exhaust flexi was fouling the brace so that was cut off and replaced by a shorter flexi. I’m very pleased with the results!
I could rabbit on but it's been a long day... I'll post up some pics.

AM Performance flexi gone and relaced with smaller flexi.... also added 2 inches as the AM pipe was a tad short. It was a bit of a ball ache but the results are sweet!....

Modified pipe in place under lower front brace... :thumbsup:

Rear sub-frame and diff going back on.

Front Strut, wishbone and hub fitted.... mud, shit and rust gone.... :lol:

Underside got a tickle of stone guard while parts were off.

New rear callipers.

Hubs blasted, powder coated and fitted with new bearings.

GAB struts live to fight another day!

Turbo gets a nappy.

Hope to finish the underside and get it rolling tomorrow.... keep you posted.