Upgrade or Sell & Replace

Braveheart

gtir heaven ;-)
Like your exhaust too!
Yes.... it's coming on Stu.... Martyn has been a star.. :thumbsup:, given up a lot of his off time to work on my car. He's back to work next week and I have a week to tinker then it's back on the 20th Sept for upper body work. I need to finish induction and cooling, fit larger injectors, z32 and get my head around my ultimate ecu.... will give Ed a shout for a base map and guidance.. ;-) Can't wait to try the car... have not even driven it with the nismo engine mounts let alone all the other stiffening mods... may need to get new fillings in my teeth soon...:p
Hope this finds you well.

Braveheart

On the black theme.... decided to revamp my OE rad hoses. Think the black agains the alloy rad looks quite fitting.

Braveheart

Having fitted Z32 and Blitz 660 injectors, I got things plumbed in enough to start the car.
Changed parameters on EMU to reflect larger injectors and MAF and started the car.
Car started fine and ran ok... AFR 11 on idle and 13-14 at 3K rpm. Obviously, it need mapped and I do not want to rev it un-loaded.
One thing I did notice was noisy injectors... tappet sounding but resinating from fuel rail / injectors.
Do you think this is normal?
I want to build the rest of the car and get it mapped soon.
Cheers!

Me evo 560`s ticked their brains in, but turned down the latency on the nistune board and the tickyness died right away and afrs are minted on tick over now :)

Braveheart

Me evo 560`s ticked their brains in, but turned down the latency on the nistune board and the tickyness died right away and afrs are minted on tick over now :)
Thanks for the feedback!
When I changed the injectors I looked up the lag for Denso 660 and reconfigured e-manage for that (0.74ms) Maybe it's perfectly normal noise at tickover or it will improve when set-up properly.
I've left it as is and cracked on.
Done away with my manual dawes device boost controller and fitted electronic which should aid mapping etc.
Managed to get both OE rad fans fitted to the engine side of my koyo rad... not easy and a bit of grinding but they are fitted... ;-)
I'm hoping another 15 hrs work will see the car mappable.
Rally of Scotland is on my doorstep now and slowing down my productivity but all going well, it will be driving this time next.. 8)

Braveheart

Car geometery was setup and car was mapped at a conservative 350bhp.
I am now working on body work. Need to build front end up, paint bumper and off side wing and fit replacement off side door.
I may leave door and wing until after track session at knockhill on the 13th Nov.
Pics to follow!

Braveheart

I was charged 76.60 quid per hour on the dyno... 50 quid suspension setup per hour.... vat's not included.
A lot of overheads and outlay on the equipment.
Obviously, the more you want the longer it will take. If I wanted to squeeze every ounce power out the car it would take longer and cost.
We never even touched on the science as it made my required bhp without but I shall return. ;-)

Braveheart

Nice Scott :)

All coming together now!!
Where was it mapped at? Was it Russ?
Yes, it was mapped by Russ.... he's in Dalgety Bay now.
Dastek dyno or Performance HQ.
It's coming together. Really looking forward to the shakedown at knockhill on 13th Nov and take it from there.

Last edited:

Braveheart

Fitted my newly painted wing and bumper and temporary cold air intake.
I want to keep my brake ducts but will have to rejig the air intake. It's a bit obtrusive at the moment.... :lol: Should be fine for Saturday at KH though.