Up date on miss fire issue

john4688

Ok my miss fire which I explained in another post we have found it has a patern to when it dose it! I'll try to explain!
Ok so i start it from cold in the morning and it will miss fire. Let it warm up and it still dose it but then turn it off and leave it for ten minuets then start it again and it's gone and revs and drives fine!
It only miss fires from cold the garage it's been at have noticed this over the last 3 weeks and it's consistant to this patern. Has any one experianced any thing like this before because they can't find out why at all!

Thanks john

Last edited:

antgtir

Im not sure whether you have tried this (plus i haven't seen your other thread) but have you replaced the plugs, leads, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil. Tried a known good AFM etc etc?

Seems strange that it goes away after its cooled, but then stays away whilst warm or hot again?

Are you sure all injectors are operating correctly? Maybe a sticky one not operating until its warmed then cooled, worth a go with a set of known good ones.

Maybe next time you start the engine whilst cold and it misses, you could listen to whether each injector operates i.e. clicks whilst listening to it via a screw driver or stethoscope.

Ant.

antgtir

Try a different coil, AFM, even ECU to ensure those are also ruled out of the game.

I hate electrics :lol: I think this will be my new signature lol.

Ant.

john4688

ok will try the coil! its on an apexi power fc they afm seems ok tried a few different 1s now! when u say DET sensor do you mean the knock sensor on the back?

stumo

If it's on a PFC check to see (via datalogging) what the AFR's are during startup and warmup, check for the CAS signal, AFR voltage etc, double check the earths etc Is the aux air valve working properly?

You've tried a couple of AFM's but has the earth been checked?

The PFC's seem to be more sensitive to stuff than the standard ecu... you'll need to check everything that could cause problems and eliminate each one as you go.

What else is different to standard seeing as we now find out it's got a PFC????:der:

john4688

yeah sorry should of said its fully forged with gt30, z32 as a blow by, 700cc injectors aparently all the voltages and earths have been checked and are fine

john4688

just found out that it miss fires with the standard ecu as well! im running the z32 as a blowpast in the intercooler piping! could the air flow be a posible cause?

antgtir

A knackered AFM was the cause for hesitation when i had issues so could well be. Although i didnt have the setup you do.

Ant.

P

pulsarboby

you have fitted the z32 in the right way round i take it? you also need to double check the wiring that its been wired up correctly (double earth).
also the standard ecu will not recognise the z32 and im surprised its running at all (you need to put standard maf back on)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
also the standard ecu will not recognise the z32 and im surprised its running at all (you need to put standard maf back on)
Seconded - that's probably why you see no difference with the standard ECU back in it; it just doesn't understand the Z32.

It should work as a blow-by; try the re-earthing because transient earth faults cause all sorts of odd problems.

john4688

When it was first put on it was on the emanate blue which was set to the z32 and it miss fired! I had to put the apexi on because of the 700cc injectors. And it still dose it on the apexi! But I've never double earthed the mad so will try that!